TMNT Trailer (Ninja Turtles)

Dude, I can almost recite the song.

"Heroes in the half shelf, they’re on a mission.

• something something something*

“That was the last straw, jump into action, step on the foot and they’re gonna lose traction”

When I get home, I’ll watch the credits and get you guys the lyrics

But here’s one from the second movie

“Ninja Rap”

“Yo, its the green machine. Gonna rock the town without being seen, have you ever seen a turtle get down”

Something something

"Ninja…Ninja…Rap…
Ninja…Ninja…Rap.
Ninja…Ninja…Rap
GO GO GO GO.
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

i just got chills.

I totally had like 35 action figures, the Van, bike, helicopter, turtle lair, etc.
(sorta spoiled, had a shitload of GI Joes too)

Can’t wait, just chalked up another great reason to live :slight_smile:

Hey is it just me or do their upper legs look super scrawny compared to their lower legs? They look like aliens or something because of that.

I remember the old cartoons and action figures seemed to have normally proportioned muscular legs.

K, I put it up in My T-Nation. Not that it matters since someone posted a YouTube link already.

I must be conditioned to the live-action movies and how they were rather bloated.

Given that it’s CGI, they’ll have to spend a lot of time actually creating a story. They could screw it up, but it will be a lot harder to screw up than a live-action film.

[quote]zylog wrote:
Hey is it just me or do their upper legs look super scrawny compared to their lower legs? They look like aliens or something because of that.

I remember the old cartoons and action figures seemed to have normally proportioned muscular legs.[/quote]

Yeah. They jacked up their muscularity, but overall, it seems to work.

[quote]CC wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Neebone wrote:
Trivia: What was the true identity of the Shredder?

Oroku Saki

The movie and original comics’ history differ though about his past.

Well now that someone’s answered, I’ll put it what I found. Pretty cool:

[i]In the original comic books by Mirage Comics, Oroku Saki is the younger brother of Oroku Nagi. Nagi competed with Hamato Yoshi (the owner of Splinter, the Turtles’ mentor) for the love of a woman named Tang Shen. But Shen loved only Yoshi, and a feud erupted between Yoshi and Nagi, which led to Yoshi killing Nagi and fleeing from Japan to New York City with Shen.

Saki, who was only a young child then, joined the Foot Clan and trained to be a fierce ninja. Over time, he rose in ranks in the Clan and was eventually put in charge of the Clan?s American branch. This allowed him to finally move to New York and avenge his brother?s death by killing Yoshi and Shen. However, Yoshi?s pet rat Splinter escaped, mutated, and spent years training the four Ninja Turtles to avenge Yoshi.

When Splinter felt the Turtles were ready, he ordered them to reveal themselves to Oroku Saki, in the Shredder armor, and challenge him to a fight. This first fight took place at night on a rooftop, and ended with Shredder dying when a bomb blew him up as he fell off the building. However, he was later recreated through a unique Foot Clan cloning technique and was finally finished off by Leonardo by decapitation.[/i]

[/quote]

10 points for research.

Very good storyline though coming from what was a pisstake of 2 other movies.

NInjas are always cool. But vanilla ice wasnt.
It was funny though, at that time you had Hammer and Ice and you would have been in one of the two camps.

Then Snow came out and I lost all respect for hiphop.

[quote]Neebone wrote:
10 points for research.[/quote]

10 points, SUH-WEET!! That’s a whole letter grade!

Damn right. The avatar says it all :-).

The 2003 comic are the best, IMO, all movies and comics compared. It does a good job of bringing the all the different stories and characters origin together, and add some brand-new spank to it.

But of all the movies, only the first one is good, the other two are just attempts to make money off the generic name.

[quote]CC wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
The complete first issue…

Methinks someone’s been reading my and Digital Chainsaw’s convo from the “Comic Book Thread”, :-).

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1082081&pageNo=1 [/quote]

Ah, yes, CC, we have reached the masses once again. Good show, old man!

[quote]Anyway, yeah the old E&L shit was the best; dark and funny. Hope they stay true with the new movies.

I have a feeling they won’t though. TMNT has found a bit of a revival and second following with a new cartoon on Fox on Saturday Mornings (yes, I’ve watched it a bit, lol). They’re probably going to dumb it down for the kids…
[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right. I’m kind of torn, though. On one hand, the creators have every right to make a buck off the franchise, but the characters in their original form are what got me and many others on board.

It’s kind of like Marvel scrapping 40 years of continuity for this Ultimates shit. It’s their right, of course, but it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

New trailer

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/150/150340/vids_1.html