TMNT Trailer (Ninja Turtles)

Looks interesting. I am surprised that they are trying to bring TMNT back after so many years. I though they had gone by the way side.

I still think the original movies were really good even though they were people in suits and not a cartoon.

They better do a good job with this unlike some of the other remakes that have been done in the last few years.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER

(I want pizza now, even though it’s 9am)

[quote]plaster_cracker wrote:
I still think the original movies were really good even though they were people in suits and not a cartoon.
[/quote]

No, the FIRST movie was decent. The rest sucked gradually worse with each one. I think the concept was golden from the start. It should be able to connect with kids for long time…even the ones that grew up already…physically.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
plaster_cracker wrote:

No, the FIRST movie was decent. The rest sucked gradually worse with each one. I think the concept was golden from the start. It should be able to connect with kids for long time…even the ones that grew up already…physically.[/quote]

Agreed. The first movie kicked arse. Maybe that was because I was in 6th grade and thought everything TMNT was cool.

Its supposed to delve into the darker side of the TMNT’s. Their original comics, Eastman and Laird’s were pretty dark from what I rememebr with some of the slapstick humor that the first movie had and the fall at the end of the trailer. The CGI looks amazing. If they take notes from Batman Begins with respect for showing a character as how dark they truely are and getting to the roots of the characters, this could be a really great flick.

The complete first issue…

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

TV Shows | Discover New Nick Shows | Nickelodeon [/quote]

Methinks someone’s been reading my and Digital Chainsaw’s convo from the “Comic Book Thread”, :-).

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1082081&pageNo=1

Anyway, yeah the old E&L shit was the best; dark and funny. Hope they stay true with the new movies.

I have a feeling they won’t though. TMNT has found a bit of a revival and second following with a new cartoon on Fox on Saturday Mornings (yes, I’ve watched it a bit, lol). They’re probably going to dumb it down for the kids…

The complete second issue…

[quote]CC wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

Methinks someone’s been reading my and Digital Chainsaw’s convo from the “Comic Book Thread”, :-).

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1082081&pageNo=1

Anyway, yeah the old E&L shit was the best; dark and funny. Hope they stay true with the new movies.

I have a feeling they won’t though. TMNT has found a bit of a revival and second following with a new cartoon on Fox on Saturday Mornings (yes, I’ve watched it a bit, lol). They’re probably going to dumb it down for the kids…
[/quote]

The new cartoon (while for kids) does follow the original graphic novels more closely. Well done there.

I hope this new CGI flick keeps with the original idea.

Coinicidentally, my brother just found the (rather battered) E&L novels I bought years ago. Might have to read through them again…

Trivia: What was the true identity of the Shredder?

[quote]Neebone wrote:
Trivia: What was the true identity of the Shredder?[/quote]

I wouldn’t have known without using Wiki. That’s a pretty cool back-story. I’ll leave the question for someone who may actually know without looking it up to answer.

[quote]Neebone wrote:
Trivia: What was the true identity of the Shredder?[/quote]

Oroku Saki

The movie and original comics’ history differ though about his past.

Anyone found the trailer somewhere else than apple.com? I’m on Linux so need a flash-based trailer.

I’ll grab it and put it in My T-Nation videos and let you know…

I can’t stand quicktime, here it is from youtube:

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Neebone wrote:
Trivia: What was the true identity of the Shredder?

Oroku Saki

The movie and original comics’ history differ though about his past.[/quote]

Well now that someone’s answered, I’ll put in what I found. Pretty cool:

[i]In the original comic books by Mirage Comics, Oroku Saki is the younger brother of Oroku Nagi. Nagi competed with Hamato Yoshi (the owner of Splinter, the Turtles’ mentor) for the love of a woman named Tang Shen. But Shen loved only Yoshi, and a feud erupted between Yoshi and Nagi, which led to Yoshi killing Nagi and fleeing from Japan to New York City with Shen.

Saki, who was only a young child then, joined the Foot Clan and trained to be a fierce ninja. Over time, he rose in ranks in the Clan and was eventually put in charge of the Clan?s American branch. This allowed him to finally move to New York and avenge his brother?s death by killing Yoshi and Shen. However, Yoshi?s pet rat Splinter escaped, mutated, and spent years training the four Ninja Turtles to avenge Yoshi.

When Splinter felt the Turtles were ready, he ordered them to reveal themselves to Oroku Saki, in the Shredder armor, and challenge him to a fight. This first fight took place at night on a rooftop, and ended with Shredder dying when a bomb blew him up as he fell off the building. However, he was later recreated through a unique Foot Clan cloning technique and was finally finished off by Leonardo by decapitation.[/i]

[quote]Bram Wiley wrote:
I can’t stand quicktime, here it is from youtube:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer - YouTube [/quote]

Quicktime is the absolute best video player/compression software out there.

Oh Hell yeah! I’ve been waiting for this for twenty one years! I enjoyed the first movie when it first came out because I’d been anticipating it so much (plus it was first film I saw out of bootcamp), but it was like the Michael Keaten Batman: a scrap of whitebread to a starving man. I really hope this is the Batman Begins of TMNT: a real meal with MEAT and ALE…bwahahaha!

First movie kicked ass and it still kicks ass compared to today.

To where Ralphael got his ass kicked by all the foot clan to where they all got there asses beat by Shredder. Movie was great. Raplphael taught me how to curse.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle POWER!

[quote]Bram Wiley wrote:
I can’t stand quicktime, [/quote]

Yeah, it’s just horrible. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
First movie kicked ass and it still kicks ass compared to today.

To where Ralphael got his ass kicked by all the foot clan to where they all got there asses beat by Shredder. Movie was great. Raplphael taught me how to curse.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle POWER![/quote]

Don’t forget “Heroes in a half shell” :-).