T Nation

TMNT Stills

http://www.kino-govno.com/images.php?id=teenagemutantninjaturtles&img=1

According to Aint It Cool News, the photos pretty much go through the whole movie.

Looks fantastic. Will be great looking on the big screen.

Looks like video game graphics.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Looks like video game graphics.[/quote]

No video game on the planet for the next 10 years can come close to that, eeng.

The new unreal engine could easily handle it.
http://interactive.usc.edu/members/jchen/unreal3.jpg

[quote]steadfastred wrote:
The new unreal engine could easily handle it.
http://interactive.usc.edu/members/jchen/unreal3.jpg[/quote]

No, it cannot. It would produce under 10 frames a second trying to render the detail in the TMNT movie.

Nothing on this planet in the next 10 years, at least, will be able to produce what TMNT looks like in real time. NO CHANCE in hell.

PGA, 99.9% of your useless threads are started from the hours of 9-5, during the week. Do you do any work at your job?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
PGA, 99.9% of your useless threads are started from the hours of 9-5, during the week. Do you do any work at your job?[/quote]

Not from June to May.

[quote]PGA wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Looks like video game graphics.

No video game on the planet for the next 10 years can come close to that, eeng.[/quote]

It looks like what cutscenes in a video game look like. I agree that real time action parts of the game would drop the framerate so low it wouldn’t be playable.

Also I don’t know about the whole “10 years” thing. Think about what we had 10 years ago. 1st person shooters were just coming on the scene. Games like Starcraft were “cutting edge”. This isn’t too far off what we have now, so in maybe 4-6 years, but not not 10.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
PGA wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Looks like video game graphics.

No video game on the planet for the next 10 years can come close to that, eeng.

It looks like what cutscenes in a video game look like. I agree that real time action parts of the game would drop the framerate so low it wouldn’t be playable.

Also I don’t know about the whole “10 years” thing. Think about what we had 10 years ago. 1st person shooters were just coming on the scene. Games like Starcraft were “cutting edge”. This isn’t too far off what we have now, so in maybe 4-6 years, but not not 10.[/quote]

Cut scenes are rendered and not real time. *for most games

10 years because the current consoles have no chance in hell of producing that in real time. It can be done with ungodly “super” computers but not even close with todays video game systems. The ps “4” is at least 9 years away and the 360 probably a tad shorter than that, but not much. So we are WAY a ways off from games looking like that. CPU’s are the only hope but I don’t see them doing that either in the near future.

But what about the soundtrack? I refuse to see the movie unless there is a remake of T-U-R-T-L-E Power or a Vanilla Ice song.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
But what about the soundtrack? I refuse to see the movie unless there is a remake of T-U-R-T-L-E Power or a Vanilla Ice song.[/quote]

seriously this scene made the movie

There’s no way current videogames can look like this. However, some stills do look like ‘videogame graphics’ because of the clunky modeling which at some points looks just plain unprofessional.

[quote]Majin wrote:
There’s no way current videogames can look like this. However, some stills do look like ‘videogame graphics’ because of the clunky modeling which at some points looks just plain unprofessional.[/quote]

Place holders. We’re still 3 months off from its release.

[quote]Majin wrote:
There’s no way current videogames can look like this. However, some stills do look like ‘videogame graphics’ because of the clunky modeling which at some points looks just plain unprofessional.[/quote]

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Majin wrote:
There’s no way current videogames can look like this. However, some stills do look like ‘videogame graphics’ because of the clunky modeling which at some points looks just plain unprofessional.

[/quote]

That is a static image at an incredible and unatainable resolution at ANYTHING over 5fps. BUT Gears looks amazing but nothing close to TMNT.

[quote]PGA wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
PGA, 99.9% of your useless threads are started from the hours of 9-5, during the week. Do you do any work at your job?

Not from June to May.[/quote]

You all hiring?

Anyone know when this movie is coming out? I have a 6 year old that would love to seee it.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Anyone know when this movie is coming out? I have a 6 year old that would love to seee it. [/quote]

March

[quote]PGA wrote:
That is a static image at an incredible and unatainable resolution at ANYTHING over 5fps. BUT Gears looks amazing but nothing close to TMNT.[/quote]

I just think that the 10 years estimate is a bit long. I was really disappointed by the screen shots… comparing those graphics to the level of realism and detail that is state of the art.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
PGA wrote:
That is a static image at an incredible and unatainable resolution at ANYTHING over 5fps. BUT Gears looks amazing but nothing close to TMNT.

I just think that the 10 years estimate is a bit long. I was really disappointed by the screen shots… comparing those graphics to the level of realism and detail that is state of the art.[/quote]

Neph, there wont be any new consoles out for at least 8 years. Thats why I had the 10 year estimate. While PC’s will be able to push nice pretties in 5 years or so (not at a crippled FPS), the AA wont be up to what a rendered movie is.