4x175
4x195

Stats: 52:10, 373 Cals, 108 BPM

Conditioning: Intervals/Sprints
3 Rounds:
10 DB Clean & Jerk, 2x40 lb
200-Meter LISS

Stats: 11:27, 134 Cals, 137 BPM

Comments: Lot’s of great food and beer yesterday…

Strength: Because of the holiday, I got to sleep in and workout. Two things that usually don’t happen together. Had the extra time so I went ahead and went heavy. Always fun supersetting heavy squats and deads… Good extra set there at 225. No time for accessory. Just squeezed in some conditioning there at the end.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Nice work Trent! That’s a manly workout if I ever seen one. Heavy squats, deads and bench all in a single session. Nice!

Solid box squat triple at 225. I think I like triples more than about any other rep scheme on squats. LoL.

Thanks Shane! Yes, it was. Feeling that session today! I took a vid of the set at 225 but it is a chore for me to post it to youtube from my phone so I will have to share one another day… Plus I need to get the Panthers flag up for you before showing a video. :rofl: Yeah, I like triples too.

BW: 177.6
Yesterday’s Output: 3,251
Yesterday’s Intake: 3,302
Net: +51

Warmup: LISS – 15% Incline
1 Mile, 20:00, 264 Cals

(Superset)
Overhead Press
10x75
8x85
6x95
4x105
4x115

Pull-ups
10xBW
8xBW
6xBW+20
6xBW+20
6xBW+20

Stats: 14:05, 112 Cals, 114 BPM

Accessory
4 Rounds:
8 Power Snatches, 65 lb
8 Overhead Press, 65 lb
8 Straight Bar Curls, 65 lb
8 Back Extensions holding a 25 lb plate

Stats: 11:40, 124 Cals, 124 BPM

Conditioning: Metcon
Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
20 GHD sit-ups
20 Walking Lunges

Stats: 4 Rounds in 12:30, 94 Cals, 95 BPM

Comments: That’s it for weights this week. The big truck shows up tomorrow to deliver the rest of our stuff. I need to pull the plates off my rack and move the rack out of the way so I can assemble the platform when it arrives. I finished the shelves in the garage this weekend so hopefully I should be able to get everything stored pretty quickly. It’s funny how the garage is my number one priority…

Good session this morning. Got some good reps on OHP. Couldn’t go quite as heavy on Pull-ups as I don’t have the straps I use to do weighted pull-ups. Used my weight vest only for some sets of 6. Nice accessory session. Haven’t done barbell snatches in a while. Kept them light and manageable. The metcon was more like a core/legs accessory session. Average heart rate was less than 100 BPM.

Have a good day!

4 Likes

Of course the garage is priority number 1. :smiley:

Solid OHPs and Pull ups Trent. That metcon was a ton of work fit in to 12 minutes as well.

Good luck with the unpacking.

Agree with Shane…the garage has to be Top Priority, LOL.

Good job getting a last good workout in before tearing things down.

It sounds like you should be getting in some good cross training getting everything situated again.

Thanks Gents. That was a good session. And yes, the garage has to be number one priority. Life begins and ends in the garage… :joy: I’m out here on the treadmill to burn some calories before the madness begins in a few hours. :grimacing:

9/8/21:

BW: 177.4
Yesterday’s Output: 3,125
Yesterday’s Intake: 3,074
Net: -51

1.75 Miles, 35:00, 462 Cals

9/9/21:

Yesterday’s Output:
Yesterday’s Intake:
Net: -

Surf Session at Wrightsville Beach
1:10, 500 Cals, 103 BPM

(Sorry. Very Long. Feel Free to Skip)
Comments: First official surf session as a local after over a decade-long hiatus. Ironically, when I was walking down the beach access on the way to paddle out, over the dune, walking toward me, is one of my best old surf buddies, Davis. We met about 15 years ago when he moved into the townhome next to mine (and my roommate). This was during “the roaring twenties,” as I call it. Lot’s of beer drinking and partying, etc. Before wives, kids, careers… Anyway, we used to go surf together all the time and probably paddled out together a hundred times or more.

After I got married and moved to Raleigh back in 2010, I more or less lost touch with him. We met up for a surf session when I was in town about 7 or 8 years ago and that was the last time I saw him. I had been wondering how he was doing so it was pretty surreal to meet up with him randomly like that yesterday morning. It definitely made things seem more like home.

Surf: The warm and fuzzy feelings stopped right after that rendezvous. The surf was chest to head high and breaking in very shallow water at high tide. The long swell period (16 seconds) of this swell from hurricane Larry doesn’t line up well on our beaches. The waves were mostly closing out. There were a few shoulders to work with if you could get in the right place. Unfortunately for me, I never got in the right place. I only caught two waves and ate sh!t on both of them… To add insult to injury, I got knocked flat on my face when trying to get out of the water by a monster shore break wave…

I kept laughing and telling myself, “this is one of those sessions that makes you better at surfing.” That’s what you have to tell yourself in those situations I guess. Ha ha ha. Either way, planning to paddle out again today.

9/10/21:

Yesterday’s Output: 3,190
Yesterday’s Intake: 2,944
Net: -246

Accessory
One set of 80 lb Goblet Squats for Max Reps: 26
12 Push-ups on the Barbell
8 Barbell Rows, 115 lb
10 Knees to Elbows
8 Goblet Squats, 80 lb
One set of Push-ups on the Barbell for Max Reps: 25
8 Barbell Rows, 115 lb
10 Knees to Elbows
8 Goblet Squats, 80 lb
12 Push-ups on the Barbell
One set of 115 lb Barbell Rows for Max Reps: 16
10 Knees to Elbows

Stats: 7:55, 89 Cals, 129 BPM

Surfing: Wrightsville Beach – Holiday Inn
1:21, 444 Cals, 103 BPM

Comments: Woke up early for some LISS and made up that accessory work from earlier this week. Dropped my daughter off at school, went to Lowes and then went to Wrightsville Beach to surf.

Surfing: Paddled out up at Holiday Inn this time. The waves were topping out around head high but there was a little bit more water up there compared to in front of the yacht club yesterday. Still, the longer period swell resulted in mostly closeouts. My first wave was a good-sized set wave. I went right and it walled up several feet higher than me, before shutting down. I bailed and ate it. After that, I only caught a few more and they all closed out. On one I ate it so bad I didn’t know which way was up and ended up inhaling some water. Every time I leaned over for the rest of the day I had salt water trickling out of my nose. Ha ha… It’s nice being back in the water…

5 Likes

Guess it’s like the horse that threw you and you got to get back up on it. It’s always nice being back in the water. When I’m here in the US I miss the ocean.

Couldn’t agree more my friend. :+1:t2:

1 Like

9/11. God Bless…

BW: 176.0
Yesterday’s Output: 3,539
Yesterday’s Intake: 3,252
Net: -287

Surfing: Access 35
1:01, 459 Cals, 101 BPM

Distance Run. Outdoor. Paved.
3.75 Miles, 30:52, 8:12 Pace, 471 Cals, 161 BPM

Comments: Met up with Davis this morning for some leftover Hurricane Larry swell at Access 35. Saw the sunrise on the beach and then paddled out. The waves were about thigh-waist with stomach high sets. Caught a couple of really fun runners. Surfed for an hour on the longboard and then got out, walked back to the car, changed into my running clothes and ran the Wrightsville Beach loop plus the distance to and from. An absolutely fantastic early Saturday morning. Wouldn’t want it any other way…

God bless all of our first responders and troops who fight against the evil that transpired that fateful morning.

4 Likes

BW: 176.4
Yesterday’s Output: 3,219
Yesterday’s Intake: 2,641
Net: +578

Box Squat
10x115
8x135
8x155
8x175

Bench
10x115
8x135
8x155
8x165

Stats: 18:22, 140 Cals, 107 BPM

Accessory
4 Rounds:
10 Landmine Squats, 80 lb
10 Landmine Rows, 80 lb
8 Ring Dips
8 GHD Sit-ups

Stats: 9:55, 94 Cals, 104 BPM

Conditioning: Intervals/Sprint
2 Rounds of:
12 Burpees
200-Meter LISS

Then, 2 Rounds of:
10 DB Clean & Press, 2x40 lb
200-Meter LISS

Stats: 18:00, 230 Cals, 142 BPM

Comments: Yesterday reminded us of exactly why we moved here. In the afternoon, we loaded up the van and drove 15 minutes to the beach. We got out and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon on the beach with several other (mostly) locals. The tourists have mostly cleared out at this point. Afterwards, we came home, turned on some football and fired up the grill. Cary had a lot of parks, greenways and town activities, but none of those come close to a nice afternoon at the beach followed by some grilling and chilling. Couple that with a great surf session on Saturday, and, well… it doesn’t get any better than that to me. Alas, time to hit the garage gym this morning.

Good session this morning. Went back to higher reps after going somewhat heavy last week. Had to stop halfway through my bench sets to take my daughter to school. Talk about going cold and then starting back up an hour later. Ha ha… Followed that with some accessory. Haven’t done landmine rows in a long time as they previously caused some kind of muscle knot that made it hard to breath for a few days afterwards. Thought I’d test the waters with those… Conditioning was good. Foot started hurting after two rounds of burpees so I did two more rounds of DB C&P after that. Solid session.

Have a good day!

4 Likes

Great read about returning to surfing Trent. :slight_smile: Really cool to meet back up with an old friend and reignite that friendship again as well.

Some solid lifting in here also!

Sounds like you are living it up man. Beach and ocean 15 minutes away with surfing, grilling and your football team won yesterday. Sounds about perfect. :slight_smile:

Thanks Shane. Man, it is REALLY nice to live at the beach again. I remember watching the web cam that is mounted on Crystal Pier every time a good swell came through, or actually several times per week, regardless of the swell. I would sit at my desk and just dream of being out there… Well, the place that I ran into my old friend and we paddled out at again Saturday is just north of that pier maybe a quarter mile. On Saturday, I thought about the countless times I had watched that web cam from a few hundred miles inland. It almost brought tears to my eyes… Here is a photo I took of the sunrise on Saturday morning when I was checking the surf. I paddled out shortly after that. Gorgeous morning…

As for the Panthers, I’m happy they won. I missed almost the entire game as we were on the beach all afternoon. Thought about getting an umbrella and, if nothing else, attaching the phone to the post and streaming the audio of the game. Maybe stream the video. :thinking:

Also, you’ll be happy to know that there wasn’t room for the Panthers flag behind the power rack in my garage so I had to hang it on another wall. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Man that sounds nice Trent being close to the beach like that. I like living near the mountains but I miss living near the coast too. That coastal air is something else…makes the lungs feel great. Sounds like you’ve got a sweet deal.

1 Like

Yeah I would have rather been on the beach than watching football too. That looks amazing. You can always record a game and watch later, if they won of course. LoL.

Dude, time to sell the house if the Panther flag doesn’t fit! :rofl:

Thanks Greg. Yeah man, I love the mountains too but there is definitely something about that salty air and water…

Yeah, saw what happened to the Falcons… Maybe hit the pool next Sunday? :grimacing: J/K :rofl: I was laughing my ass off when the flag wouldn’t fit. I thought, boy will Shane be happy about this! :rofl:

1 Like

LoL. Yeah the Falcons are a bad football team. Just like old times I guess. Definitely won’t be watching much Sunday football this year. I honestly don’t really watch a lot of NFL. I am college football junkie and watching football on both Saturday and Sunday insures I never get nothing done on the weekends. :upside_down_face:

That is funny about the flag!

Killer workouts man. Might be the only log that has surfing in it as well :joy:

2 Likes