Titus/ Ryan Wanted for Murder

[quote]gojira wrote:
“Credit card receipts and security videotapes show that Ryan bought seven half-gallon bottles of charcoal starter fluid and a barbecue tool set at a Wal-Mart store in Las Vegas about 3:30 a.m.”

Oh this is too good. Missed it the first time…a barbeque tool set! Holy shit, like I said…idiots.[/quote]

lets see…7 - 1/2 gallon bottles, thats the big bottle of Kingsford, and I use 1 bottle per 40 lbs of charcoal when cooking for benefits, so…

unless he can come up with about 250 to 300 lbs of charcoal and a whole cow he was going to cook over it, he’s fucked.

Well it looks like another win for the anti-steroid fan club.

This of course will all be attributed to excess steroid use and of course the favorite…roid rage.

I can see the headlines now…“In an anabolic steroid rage Craig Titus choked the life out of the young woman.”

Hmmmm. I wonder if he is gonna plea temporary insanity due to the drugs…

Then write a book about how the “drugs” took over his soul.

Didn’t Craig have some assault and battery charges filed against him a couple of years ago? Or am I thinking of someone else?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
TC:

You would know better than I. Isn’t there somewhat of a history of violence involving pro bodybuilders?

Murder, rape, assault etc.

I somehow remember similar incidents happening not long ago.

Refresh my memory will you?
[/quote]

The article Chris linked to gives some examples, but yeah, the hard-core bodybuilding crowd seems to be prone to more violence, but that’s probably true of athletics in general, at least athletics in which power plays such a big part.

A lot of athletes never mature psychologically, remaining, in effect, little boys in big, powerful bodies. They get mad easy. They get their feelings hurt easily. They break things easily.

I think Chris, a.ka. “psychology boy” could probably shed some more light on that than I could.

As far as specific examples, I really can’t remember names or dates. You gotta’ remember, I haven’t read a traditional bodybuilding mag in several years. As such, I miss out on all the good gossip.

[quote]TC wrote:
ZEB wrote:
TC:

You would know better than I. Isn’t there somewhat of a history of violence involving pro bodybuilders?

The article Chris linked to gives some examples, but yeah, the hard-core bodybuilding crowd seems to be prone to more violence, but that’s probably true of athletics in general, at least athletics in which power plays such a big part.

A lot of athletes never mature psychologically, remaining, in effect, little boys in big, powerful bodies. They get mad easy. They get their feelings hurt easily. They break things easily.

I think Chris, a.ka. “psychology boy” could probably shed some more light on that than I could.

As far as specific examples, I really can’t remember names or dates. You gotta’ remember, I haven’t read a traditional bodybuilding mag in several years. As such, I miss out on all the good gossip.

[/quote]

Steroids cause acne, shrinking of the testes and murder.

Bertil Fox
John Riccardi
Gordon Kimbrough
and of course Sally Mcneil

to name a few.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
ZEB wrote:

This may be what you’re thinking of:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=body_90tc

Fascinating article!

[/quote]

That is very interesting reading. I hope everyone reads that link.

Thanks for the time Chris!

[quote]TC wrote:
ZEB wrote:
TC:

[/quote]

I know the feeling I have not purchased a BB magazine in years.

You’re read on violence being more prevalent in “power sports” than other activities makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for responding.

Have a great Christmas!

Zeb

Geez, it’s almost as if the whole story was scripted for a television episode. Had there been a rape involved this story would be a shoe-in for the Lifetime Channel. There’s so much other crap circling this story that you almost lose sight of the fact that someone lost their life.

[quote]grey wrote:

Then write a book about how the “drugs” took over his soul. [/quote]

What about a book for kids?

[quote]TC wrote:
Craig threatened me about three years ago, after I ran the first “Dead Pool” article. (Sent me an email saying he was going to “take care of me.”)

I didn’t think much about it, but Tim called the FBI to let them know.

They instructed me not to take the same way to work every day, etc.

Given this murder, though, it kinda’ makes me think![/quote]

Wow. Scary. Does make you think. Good thing Tim had your back, TC.

How unfortunate that two people who were so successful and considered role models to many, such as Kelly Ryan and Craig Titus, can kiss it all away like this. Too bad.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
TC wrote:
Craig threatened me about three years ago, after I ran the first “Dead Pool” article. (Sent me an email saying he was going to “take care of me.”)

I didn’t think much about it, but Tim called the FBI to let them know.

They instructed me not to take the same way to work every day, etc.

Given this murder, though, it kinda’ makes me think!

Wow. Scary. Does make you think. Good thing Tim had your back, TC.

How unfortunate that two people who were so successful and considered role models to many, such as Kelly Ryan and Craig Titus, can kiss it all away like this. Too bad. [/quote]

Roles models? I’m sorry, but who above the age of 12 would consider any pro bodybuilder (especially those two) as “role models?”

Perhaps what you mean is that they could have been role models.

Not to make light of the whole incident, but does anyone think it’s kind of funny that Titus was arrested in a grocery store parking lot? I can just see it now:

“DAMMIT, I’ll only be in for a few seconds! I just need a steak. And a chicken breast… or eighteen. Keep a look out for the 5.0!”

[quote]PSlave wrote:
Not to make light of the whole incident, but does anyone think it’s kind of funny that Titus was arrested in a grocery store parking lot? I can just see it now:

“DAMMIT, I’ll only be in for a few seconds! I just need a steak. And a chicken breast… or eighteen. Keep a look out for the 5.0!”[/quote]

Actually the truth is even funnier. he was waiting in his truck in the parking lot while his wife was inside a beauty salon getting a pedicure.
I shit you not.

This story is just… Wow. It’s bizarre beyond anything I’ve ever heard/read before.

Brilliant they are not.

Who the hell buys bbq stuff at 3:30 AM? Yeah, you’ll NEVER be noticed at that hour! The store’s PACKED at 3:30 AM and EVERYBODY’S buying bbq stuff!

Quick! Get a pedicure, too! Just so your feet look nice. You never know when you’ll need to wear open-toed sandals.

What a couple of ding dongs.

Here in the UK if you send someone an email saying you are going to do something bad to them or insinuate, then it comes under the
Malicious Communications Act of 1988. You report this person and the cops go round to their house and take them down the station. If they get violent, as no doubt many ‘bodybuilders’ with a temper might, then they take you for an interview up stairs handcuffed and on the way back you slip and ‘fall down the stairs’.

[quote]victor lustig wrote:
Here in the UK if you send someone an email saying you are going to do something bad to them or insinuate, then it comes under the
Malicious Communications Act of 1988. You report this person and the cops go round to their house and take them down the station. If they get violent, as no doubt many ‘bodybuilders’ with a temper might, then they take you for an interview up stairs handcuffed and on the way back you slip and ‘fall down the stairs’.
[/quote]

um. grrreeeaaatt. What’s next? Thought crimes?

It would be interesting to see CSI do an episode either about or very similar to this, before the real trial goes on.

If CSI made him out to be a complete bastard, a million bucks says he gets convicted regardless of any evidence.

Is Craig Titus gonna have to choke a bitch?

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
victor lustig wrote:

um. grrreeeaaatt. What’s next? Thought crimes?[/quote]

Ok, the email has to cause, stress, anxiety and other related stuff, so I suppose its dependant on what you write.

I live in Las Vegas and belong to the same Gold’s Gym they belong to. I’ve witnessed Titus act like a jerk in the gym before. He’s an arrogant bastard who thinks his shit doesn’t stink. Kelly on the other hand is very attractive and not stuck up. She usually keeps to herself but is friendly and easy to converse with.

Jay Cutler also trains there. He is a true Body Building Champion not a wannabe like Titus and is pretty cool. Jay at least is cordial and doesn’t act like he’s all that in the gym. He’s also approachable which is more than I could say for Titus. Titus is such a dickhead that if you accidentally make eye contact with him he gives you a look like you just pissed on his foot or something. Forget about asking if you can work in on an apparatus too. I saw a guy ask him once to work in on a Standing Calf Raise machine and Titus told him I don’t think so. When the guy looked at him in disbelief, he told the guy to go fuck himself.

Back to the murder: Here’s what the stupidest part of this caper is really; the body of the dead girl was found in the trunk of a burned out Jaguar registered to Titus and Ryan. They should have just put up a neon sign that said, “Hey we killed this girl and put her body in the trunk of our car and set it on fire out on a deserted stretch of Blue Diamond Road. Please come arrest us.” I knew Tutus wasn’t the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but come on. At least I though Kelly had a few more brain cells than that.

If they ever make this an episode of CSI or Law and Order they would definitely have to change the plot to look like they were smarter than they are. Hell a 6 y/o could solve this one.

A.B.