Titan Katana vs. Titan Super Katana

I’ve been lifting in my Titan A/S katana for a few months not, recently purchases a super. what are your experiences in either shirt, what should i expect. and which do you think is better? where should i be touching, how do you jack this shirt, and how long is the break in process?

Super Katana is as extreme as most 2-ply shirts. It should take over 500 to touch if it fits right and over 600 if you jack it. They honestly don’t seem to break in or stretch much other than the sleeves. You have to constantly have them tightened for it to work right. With the A/S, you definitely want to tuck as much as you can and touch low.

[quote]Wild_Iron_Gym wrote:
Super Katana is as extreme as most 2-ply shirts. It should take over 500 to touch if it fits right and over 600 if you jack it. They honestly don’t seem to break in or stretch much other than the sleeves. You have to constantly have them tightened for it to work right. With the A/S, you definitely want to tuck as much as you can and touch low.[/quote]

Based off what bodyweight, chest size and shirt size?

well i wear a 50, so i bought a 50 super. my PR at a meet is 418.7, and off a 2board is 455. 495 off of a 3 board. the shirt is broken in though. should i see a jump in the super, and a more difficult touch point?

[quote]Lurchman76 wrote:
should i see a jump in the super, and a more difficult touch point?[/quote]

Most likely.

You’ll probably see your biggest jump in weights in the 2-3 board. When people miss in this shirt, they miss it below a 2brd level.

I use a super katana and I always make sure to use a 1 or 2 board for my work sets. Every once in a while (ie, every 3 bench sessions) I’ll do a few narrow grip sets to a 3brd for tricep work, but I would honestly consider that more of an accessory exercise (or accessory volume) than shirt work in the super katana.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]Wild_Iron_Gym wrote:
Super Katana is as extreme as most 2-ply shirts. It should take over 500 to touch if it fits right and over 600 if you jack it. They honestly don’t seem to break in or stretch much other than the sleeves. You have to constantly have them tightened for it to work right. With the A/S, you definitely want to tuck as much as you can and touch low.[/quote]

Based off what bodyweight, chest size and shirt size?[/quote]

That’s just if it fits right. If it’s lose and you can touch something like 300 lbs, then you’re better off in a fury or F6 that fits you tighter.

[quote]Lurchman76 wrote:
I’ve been lifting in my Titan A/S katana for a few months not, recently purchases a super. what are your experiences in either shirt, what should i expect. and which do you think is better? where should i be touching, how do you jack this shirt, and how long is the break in process?[/quote]
Super Katana makes my shoulders rise less but is more unforgiving in where I touch. Break in process takes a little while, but after the initial stretch it doesn’t break in much at all; we have Katana’s and super Katanas the same fit after 9 months of weekly use as they were at 1 month. Super Katana is definitely better.
Touch point will move depending on how you jack the shirt. What fed are you in? Do you have to worry about touching too low? That’s pretty much the dealbreaker with these shirts once you start jacking them and getting tight ones.

I did a more detailed write up here: Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness

[quote]smokotime wrote:

[quote]Lurchman76 wrote:
I’ve been lifting in my Titan A/S katana for a few months not, recently purchases a super. what are your experiences in either shirt, what should i expect. and which do you think is better? where should i be touching, how do you jack this shirt, and how long is the break in process?[/quote]
Super Katana makes my shoulders rise less but is more unforgiving in where I touch. Break in process takes a little while, but after the initial stretch it doesn’t break in much at all; we have Katana’s and super Katanas the same fit after 9 months of weekly use as they were at 1 month. Super Katana is definitely better.
Touch point will move depending on how you jack the shirt. What fed are you in? Do you have to worry about touching too low? That’s pretty much the dealbreaker with these shirts once you start jacking them and getting tight ones.

I did a more detailed write up here: Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness

i lift in the WABDL, an d USAPL. so WABDL is pretty lenient, the USAPL will probably be a little more strict?

You can touch anywhere that isn’t on your belt in WABDL, so you should be fine.