T Nation

Titan Centurtion -vs- Boss, 2m wraps -v- 2.5m

So I was told today that the WPF allows Titan’s Boss suit and 2.5m wraps AND groove briefs (ie legless briefs that don’t go above your bellybutton). I didn’t believe it, but upon inspection of the rule book, it is indeed the case.

Last time out I squatted 600lb as a 220lb junior in a single ply Centurtion NXG Super+ and 2m Convicts, what sorta extra carryover should I expect from the Boss/2.5m wraps and groove briefs combo?? (all things being equal)

I’m not competiting again in the WPF 'til probably early next year so I’ve alot of time to work on maximising carryover. Any tips on what I should be doing?? I figure ab sterngth is going to be a make or break part of it, and anything I do to maximise the carryover from that combo should give extra carryover with the IPF gear too.

Hanley, whats the depth criteria for the WPF?

The Boss is a lot of suit. I didnt’ like mine much. I felt like the straps bound me up to much- so I had to set them so loose that they really did nothing for me.

I love the briefs though.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
Hanley, whats the depth criteria for the WPF?[/quote]

It’s sensible!!

Pretty much along the lines of the WDFPF, and IPF international events. Break parallel, nothing more. It seems that the depth standard in the USAPL is much more strict than at actual world champs where the judges actually call to the rules.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
The Boss is a lot of suit. I didnt’ like mine much. I felt like the straps bound me up to much- so I had to set them so loose that they really did nothing for me.

I love the briefs though.[/quote]

Apparently some of the metal gear is laminated too… I think the overall thickness of the suit can’t exceed 1.3mm, I’ll have to get in touch with the heads of the WPF and see what the story is with the Metal gear too before I make my decision.