Titan Centurion Sizing (First Squat Suit)

I’m looking at moving from raw to equipped and just after some sizing info. I’m 6’4" currently 135kg based off the Titan sizing chart I should be between 50-52 for a loser fit. I’m leaning towards the 52, does anyone have any input on to go higher or lower?

I would highly recommend buying from anderson powerlifting. Call them and ask, they will get you lined out.
http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/

You didn’t say what it is you were buying. Is this a squat suit, bench shirt? Titan is prolly the best single ply gear. If you are looking for squat briefs for hip protection may I suggest the Metal Pro brief. You’ll be hard pressed to beat those in terms of user flexibility and product longevity / life. I’ve had mine for years and they are like new. I own a titan Centurion suit and it’s stretched out a good bit, ut still usable for training as briefs for a bit of support.

I was looking at a single ply squat suit, most of the guys at worlds use titan squat suits so I was looking at a Centurion for my first suit

yep, like I said Titan is arguably the best single ply stuff. I’d call the boys at Anderson PL and get sizing info from those guys. Ive dealt with them before and have nothing but good experiences with them.

Usually the chart is fairly accurate on the Titan site, but if you are wanting to be sure call them, or see if there is a dealer in your country.

I really enjoy their products.

I contacted Anderson PL, they said a 48 (meet fit off titan) would be a “medium tight” fit off my given measurements. I contaceted lifting Large and they said 52…

[quote]sasquatch1424 wrote:
I contacted Anderson PL, they said a 48 (meet fit off titan) would be a “medium tight” fit off my given measurements. I contaceted lifting Large and they said 52… [/quote]

In a squat suit the leg size is the most important. Measure your leg 1/2 way down from your sack to your knee. This is where the suit will sit btw.
What shape is youe body? This will effect your sizing. For example if you are a ‘mesomorph’ with a normal torso length go with the leg size. If you are an ‘endomorph’ with a pear shap, your hip measurement will be critical.

I can tell you that meet fit will be tough to get into when new. You may need suit slippers or do the bag trick. Compitition fit or whatever they call it now a days will require suit slipprs and a buddy to help get in the damn thing. Did you specifically ask both groups their size recommendations for ‘MEET’ fit? if so I’d split the difference. I know this is confusing.

If you are willing to make the switch to Metal, Jo Jordan at EFS can get you dialed in no problems.

I corresponded with Anderson, they said with my height it makes the chart a bit redundant, the 48 will fit my quads and hips well, so Ill be going with the 48. I’d go through elite if their shipping to Australia didn’t require me to take out a mortgage

[quote]sasquatch1424 wrote:
I corresponded with Anderson, they said with my height it makes the chart a bit redundant, the 48 will fit my quads and hips well, so Ill be going with the 48. I’d go through elite if their shipping to Australia didn’t require me to take out a mortgage[/quote]

OH yeah, I forgot about that! lol sorry man.

Squatting in a suit takes a little bit of getting used to. I found it fun. My squat style is similar to the groove of a suit so I fell in easy. Squat suits tend to push one forward a bit so that’s why you hear PL folk yelling back,back,back all the damn time. This is especially accurate when you get the straps pulled up and even more so if you have adjustable straps cinched down tight. Oh, you may get some wicked headaches when using the gear. All that stored up energy in the suit typically makes my head feel like it’s gonna pop off lol. have fun with that suit man. Welcome to the gear game.