T Nation

Tissue Regeneration Breakthrough

I just saw this on TV and thought I should share. Wake Forest University has a lab that has found ways to regrow living tissue from your own cells, making it possible to regrow organs that may no longer work properly from age, disease, etc. Pretty exciting with many applications.

word, does that mean i can have 2 adrenal glands…and TWO BRAINS?!

Isn’t that the same as stem cell research?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Isn’t that the same as stem cell research?[/quote]

I believe it’s similar technology, but not exactly. A guy who cut off his finger by accident grew it back (similar to how a lizard would grow it’s tail) within 1 month.

This is old news, I actually used some of MatriStem Wound Care powder for a cut.

sweet I’ll take a new left shoulder and meniscus please. Is there is a discount for multiple parts?

Pretty amazing, but also scary. If people start living to 120-130 yrs old, how long will we have to work then before retirement, considering most people have to work forever as it is.

Over population?

It’s nice to help people live longer, but at what cost?

Just playing devil’s advocate here

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
This is old news, I actually used some of MatriStem Wound Care powder for a cut. [/quote]

What were your results?

this scares me…

You know things must be bad when the idea of living longer scares people ha, just sayin’.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
word, does that mean i can have 2 adrenal glands…and TWO BRAINS?![/quote]

They said it would come from your own tissue, so no.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
You know things must be bad when the idea of living longer scares people ha, just sayin’.[/quote]

well…

There is only a limited number of resources on the planet. Eventually, there will be things that we run out of.

Millions of people are starving every day already. What will happen when the average life expectancy shoots up to 120-130 years? The planet is already on track to being over populated. Think what will happen if the population doubles with people living twice as long…

That’s a good point former, population control would become a problem.

[quote]formerfatboy wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
You know things must be bad when the idea of living longer scares people ha, just sayin’.

well…

There is only a limited number of resources on the planet. Eventually, there will be things that we run out of.

Millions of people are starving every day already. What will happen when the average life expectancy shoots up to 120-130 years? The planet is already on track to being over populated. Think what will happen if the population doubles with people living twice as long…

[/quote]

I’m sure if the people don’t have food security, they won’t have the money to pay for this technology.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
That’s a good point former, population control would become a problem.[/quote]

Don’t worry, the zombie apocalypse will come soon enough. That’ll leave the last 1% who live with plenty of resources.

[quote]Thatguy1083 wrote:

I’m sure if the people don’t have food security, they won’t have the money to pay for this technology.[/quote]

It’ll be free in Canada :smiley:

overpopulation will never be an issue. do your research.

I should clarify.

There is an incredible amount of unused land in the world.

The same people that are worried about overpopulation are the people worried the world is going to melt.

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
overpopulation will never be an issue. do your research. [/quote]

Let’s see what happens in 30 to 50 years, when everybody wants a living standard as high as those of Americans or Europeans. Would you still think, that there’s enough resources?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
You know things must be bad when the idea of living longer scares people ha, just sayin’.[/quote]

I think the bigger question is WHY on earth were you visiting Oprah.com??