T Nation

Tired This Month. What Should I Do Now?

Hello,

as always, excuse my English.

I’ve been fallowing CT’s Hypertrophy program from Indigo3G for near 4 months now.
I followed the 3 phases, add weight on each exersise and started a new cycle.
I’m now currently back in “phase 1” again.

The problem is that I feel tired this month.
The first 3 phases was a linear progression, but starting a new cycle seems difficult.
I also suffer a LITTLE lack of motivation (which is new for me !).

Last month I’ve changed 2 things, maybe we have a winner ? :slight_smile:
-I started running 2 times/week
-I dropped carbs and increased proteins. My bodyweight didn’t change this month (183 Lbs) but body composition is better looking, and I feel less bloated.
I plan to bulk again after summer.

What should I do ? keep going or try/add/remove something else ?

Thank you,
Mathieu

With the info you listed above, though, I would think that the lack of energy is most likely a product of the added cardio and reduced carbs. It sounds like you’re burning more energy, yet reducing an energy source. You might want to bring your carbs back up a bit and see if that helps or you could dial back the running.

You might just need to give your body time to adapt to the increased demands. Good luck.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:
With the info you listed above, though, I would think that the lack of energy is most likely a product of the added cardio and reduced carbs. It sounds like you’re burning more energy, yet reducing an energy source. You might want to bring your carbs back up a bit and see if that helps or you could dial back the running.

You might just need to give your body time to adapt to the increased demands. Good luck.[/quote]

^agree

when I started two a days and I wasn’t eating as much carbs as I am now, the first week or so was death. as the weeks went by and carbs went up, I’ve been feeling better.