Tired of Looking Like Everyone Else

[quote]Niranu wrote:
I know you’re supposed to forget about the numbers and when you lift you should be competing against yourself and not some bloke in the gym you never met - but I can’t help wondering if I’m putting in the guts when I lift.

I’ve been lifting for about 5 or 6 weeks now and i’m up to 15 LB DB’s for bench-press and military press and 20 LB DB for rows but I hear about people lifting like 180, 230, 300 LBS and can’t help wondering if I got something wrong - how can they do that? How?[/quote]

Hey i was right there with you! The first time I bench pressed I had a rough time with 95 lbs (just the quarters on each side). Not impressive, especially since my friends who are 40lbs lighter than me were benching around 140.

I’ve improved a TON since then (you will too if you stick to it), but I still can’t fathom how some people put up the weights they put up. It doesnt help that i’m actually a somewhat big guy (205lbs with around 185lbs of LBM) but people much smaller than me could put up a lot bigger numbers.

But hey - at least you aren’t like one of the beginners I spotted one time who could not bench press the 45lb bar his first time. Everyone’s gotta start somewhere though.

Also, skip the no-xplode and really almost any supplements aside from protein, diet is FAR more important than taking any supplements