Tired of Ignorance

This dumb housewife told me I should work on my “ripples” by doing crunches after I took my shirt off to go swimming once.

:expressionless:

[quote]Defekt wrote:
This dumb housewife told me I should work on my “ripples” by doing crunches after I took my shirt off to go swimming once.

:|[/quote]

You should have told her to work on her “ripples” with some RejuveSkin.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Is anybody else tired of dealing with people that are COMPLETELY ignorant to bodybuilding and the lifestyle.

There are sooo many things that bug the hell out of me but an occurance today sparked this. Somebody found the ephedrine/caffiene stack that a buddy is taking to prep for a show and people started telling him that he should just drink a mountain dew or tea if he’s “trying to stay awake”

They didn’t even get that he’s trying to burn FAT not taking it to stay AWAKE!

Then they were talking how they never watched what they ate that close when they were younger and never had a problem gaining weight. I was like “HE’S DIETING DOWN TO LOW BF% LEVELS SO HE WILL LOOK GOOD ONSTAGE! HE’S NOT DIETING TO PREVENT HIMSELF FROM GETTING FAT!”

I’m just venting now…anybody else tired of the idiocracy. lol

Gerdy

-there better not be anybody curling in the squat rack tomorrow or I’m goin off! lol jk

Get over it, you must be young. I’m 44 and people don’t even ask or comment on my weightlifting stuff. And when they ever do, which is almost never, I just give them a short and sweet polite explanation.

I am young, 20 years old. Maybe there is a reason people aren’t asking you stuff about bodybuilding.

I do give the polite explanation. It’s when people argue with me when they have no clue what they are talking about that I get frustrated with people.

Gerdy[/quote]

I’m 5’7" and 202 pounds and it’s very obvious I lift weights. This week or next week I plan on taking another shot at a 600 pound deadlift. But the difference is that i don’t get frustrated by what an average person does, doesn’t do, or cares.

I do what I like and let them alone. you’ll see most of these bitching about average joe asking them stupid questions posts from young high school or college guys.

To me it’s just a lack of confidence. I you were 100% self assured what some average joe asked you wouldn’t even register.

So ask yourself why it even bothers you.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:

I am young, 20 years old. Maybe there is a reason people aren’t asking you stuff about bodybuilding.

I do give the polite explanation. It’s when people argue with me when they have no clue what they are talking about that I get frustrated with people.

Gerdy[/quote]

Most people don’t respect 20 year olds. It sucks but that is the way it is.

DG
You have a really fine physique. Now try to attach a confident air to it and you’ll be golden. As it stands, you seem to be a bit insecure in dealing with the general public. Whatever happened to “If you say so” then walk away as a response to idiocy?

At some point in your life (and maybe because I’m 45), you realize it takes way too much energy to correct everyone.

Damn… I just realized I pretty much paraphrased what Tom63 said.

Xeneize: Thanks. That made a lot of sense. I totally agree.

Tom: Forgive me for the whole “maybe there is a reason…” bit. I was still frustrated. I also don’t like it when people bring my age into a debate. I feel that I am more knowledgable and experienced than most when it comes to the weight pile. Also I know a lot of “dumbshits” that are in their 40’s-50’s. I respect my elders but I get a little flustered at the age thing. Congrats on the DL. I’m probably around the mid 5’s or so. 465 for 3 reps with straps was my all time best. I wasn’t trying for a max or anything just completing a workout. I am 6 feet tall with long arms tho, it makes DL a little easier. I will post at the bottom explaining why I was bothered.

Zap Branigan: You are right.

Iron Dwarf: you are right and I am pretty confident. I am a former baseball player and I have to sometimes fight off that “arrogant ass” syndrome that develops. lol

Now to all…I get frustrated when people argue with me about how I live my life which consists mainly of bodybuilding. I get frustrated when others argue with me who don’t have a f*cking clue. I don’t walk into a bar and tell the alcoholics that they shouldn’t be drinking. I don’t go to the cook at a restaurant and tell him how to cook. So why can’t society treat somebody who wants to be healthy and muscular the same way? It seems that there is always some dumbbass who wants to prove what I’m doing is wrong. lol

Xenieze said it best I guess.

And to you “old men” just kidding
You are right. I guess it is a part of growing up and just blowing off the morons and save an educated conversation about bodybuilding and the related for those who would appreciate it.

Thanks guys and I do apologize if I acted as a dick.

I was still a little frustrated.

To paint a picture I had half a dozen family members and friends all mid-30s, mid-40s arguing with me and my cousin about the diet he was on and the “fat burner” he was taking. There was no way I could win being that there were only 2 bodybuilders there and a bunch of lazy fatasses who have never even seen their abs. lol

Thanks again all…

Gerdy

[quote]Xeneize wrote:
you even see it here on the this site.[/quote]

…more and more often lately.

My house mate once ran a marathon (several years ago) and because he absolutely does not put on weight thinks that hes doing everything right (pizza, crisps, pasta, burgers, fry ups etc etc)…

I got a delivery of protein shake the other day and hes all scornful.

Whenever he tries to take the piss I just ask him how many times hes been the gym in the last few years and when hes been more than twice then he can actually speak…