Tire Flipping for HIIT?

Is this a good idea? I am trying to lose weight as well as keep up my explosive strength. Sets of 15 seconds on and 30 seconds off? I am an offensive lineman and my old strength coach told me this is the best workout an offensive lineman can do for hip drive and power. You guys agree?

I think it would be an excellent idea. Take a lighter tire and just focus on sets of 5-10 flips and it should accomplih both goals for you. I’ve been contemplating the idea too, and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

Not only sounds like a good workout… it sounds borderline fun.

I did 4 sets of 10 on a 250kg tire before and I was completely winded after that! It’s akin to doing multiple sprints…

Thanks for giving me this idea pmurray. Today I did 10 x 10 with a 265 lb tire, with 1 min rest intervals. I then sent for an old priest and a young priest. borderline fun indeed…

thats what i like to hear. I am in the process of trying to acquire a nice big tire my season jus ended today and its time to start looking towards next yr so hopefully i can find a tire soon enough and see how much this workout will kill me. I was thinking of working some hammer work into it. A nice little core workout.