T Nation

Tips to Improve Diet

Here are a few things that have helped my nutritional status. Other ideas are welcome.

1. Fry some lean meat but throw in 2-3 kinds of vegetables into the pan, something you haven’t tried before even. I fried a lean flank steak and threw in about 2 cups of collard greens. By the time it was done, the Greens were reduced but everything tasted better. Now I throw 6-7 unusual cruciferous vegetables in the shopping cart before anything else. Peppers, Cabbage, Onions, Leeks, Greens, Asparagus in the pan have replaced pasta and bread for me.

2. Green apples (50 calories) and 3 green olives (50 cals) to fight nightime hunger pains. I used to wake up and have a whole plate of Nachos or something at 1-2 am. Now if I wake up I usually find the 3 large green olives gets rid of the hunger pains almost miraculously. A green apple sometimes works too if I’m not in the “savory” mood.

3. Protein pudding. I don’t like to drink so many protein shakes, especially late because I have to urinate more. I mix 2 scoops of low carb Metabolic Drive with a half cup of whole milk and a Superfood scoop. Its a lot quicker for me going down and more like real food.

4. Greek Yogurt. 23 grams of protein for 130 calories in 1 cup? That’s like a protein shake.
    Put it on top of Metabolic Drive pudding.