Tips on Removing Back Hair

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Basic hygiene: stuff that if you don’t take care of it, you’ll end up with sores, abscesses, etc. (tooth brushing, showers, clean underwear).

Beyond basic hygiene: stuff that makes you more attractive to the opposite sex, but isn’t necessary to keep your skin from falling off (hair removal, makeup, mani/pedi, crotchless panties).

imho. I’m sticking with Ponce. There are much more important things to worry about.

But…if your girl isn’t interested in helping you out, and this is something important to you…what does that say about your girl?[/quote]

So shaving legs or arm pits isn’t a part of basic hygiene for women? What about wearing deodorant? Showers aren’t necessary for health…at least not at the frequency that people today shower.

Bag to the drawing board on that argument.

Oops.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Basic hygiene: stuff that if you don’t take care of it, you’ll end up with sores, abscesses, etc. (tooth brushing, showers, clean underwear).

Beyond basic hygiene: stuff that makes you more attractive to the opposite sex, but isn’t necessary to keep your skin from falling off (hair removal, makeup, mani/pedi, crotchless panties).

imho. I’m sticking with Ponce. There are much more important things to worry about.

But…if your girl isn’t interested in helping you out, and this is something important to you…what does that say about your girl?

So shaving legs or arm pits isn’t a part of basic hygiene for women? What about wearing deodorant? Showers aren’t necessary for health…at least not at the frequency that people today shower.

Oops.[/quote]

Um…no. There is no health reason to remove hair for basic hygiene. Same with wearing deoderant. Is it gross to be hairy and stinky? Sure! You need to shower more than you need to fill your pores with aluminum and zinc.

Stronghold wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

But…if your girl isn’t interested in helping you out, and this is something important to you…what does that say about your girl?

Oops.

Um…no. There is no health reason to remove hair for basic hygiene. Same with wearing deoderant. Is it gross to be hairy and stinky? Sure! You need to shower more than you need to fill your pores with aluminum and zinc.[/quote]

So you would be ok with your significant other deciding to not wear deodorant and only showering at a frequency that provides health benefits (ie…once or twice a week)?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:

Oops.

Um…no. There is no health reason to remove hair for basic hygiene. Same with wearing deoderant. Is it gross to be hairy and stinky? Sure! You need to shower more than you need to fill your pores with aluminum and zinc.

So you would be ok with your significant other deciding to not wear deodorant and only showering at a frequency that provides health benefits (ie…once or twice a week)?[/quote]

I’m saying that health does not require deodorant etc. I’m not saying I dig that shit. I grew up in a hippie town, and have hippie siblings who have ruined my clothing with their hippie funk. I don’t like it…but it wasn’t killing them.

even if PMPM had hairy pits…

i’d still hit it

I got me some back hair as well. It grows in a few patches and is not too dense, but is quite unattractive. In the past I’ve trimmed it with the Bodygroom, but I plan to get waxing done in a couple weeks.

I plan to get the back and butt waxed. The hair is pretty light and sparse in both places, so I think it will be tolerable.

I also find it ridiculous to question whether such things are really important. In my opinion, keeping a groomed appearance is very important, both for how I feel about myself and for how my significant other sees me.

I have certain preferences for my gal—for example, bare or neatly trimmed pubic hair—and so I appreciate her concern regarding thatches on backs. It’s a give and a take. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if she refused to shave her bush and I refused to eliminate the hair on my back, but it doesn’t really take much effort and it makes things much more fun for the both of us.

I think there is a happy middle ground between only showering and brushing your teeth on one hand and waxing every hair on your body, bleaching your hair, tanning incessantly, getting botox, lip injections, etc. on the other. In my book, having males trim/wax back and butt hair, and females remove armpit, leg, and public hair is well within that middle ground.

[quote]Joaquin wrote:
Anybody have any advice on how to shave the hair off your back without the help of someone? I feel kind of silly asking my girlfriend to do it every few weeks. She gives me shit everytime…[/quote]

Try having her walk in on you stroking this all over your back, as strungoutboy21 recommended… talk about giving you shit!

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
Honestly, I can’t believe people give a shit so much about stuff like this. Once you date people with chronic illnesses or go through really severe ups and downs with major life crises, stuff like this just becomes trivial.

Just one of the many things that gives people social anxiety. How sad.

OP:

Find a chick that really digs you. I guarantee she wont’ give a fuck once she’s with you.

Sweet!! That means if I don’t feel like shaving my legs for 3 weeks, my boyfriend can’t say anything cause that would mean he doesn’t care about me!

It’s stupid and incredibly naive to think that your significant other doesn’t care about you because they want you to address basic hygiene issues.[/quote]

See, now you’re just challenging me in hopes of getting spanked. I can’t blame you, there’s quite a long line for you to join.

And no, when my exes didn’t shave or wax their legs, it didn’t kill it for me. I still buried their faces into the mattress and had my way with them :slight_smile:

I didn’t imply that the OPPOSITE of my statement holds - that they don’t care if they want you to remove hair - but that if they DO care, they all but don’t give a damn about such trivial things.

Chemistry > preferences

At least half of the girls I’ve been with all never liked facial hair, and I always have it, and once we were together it was something they’d play with.

It’s funny to see people cater to the preferences of those they want; in reality, that’s not what gets you in, because if they are into you they won’t think: “Well, too bad he has a goatee! Otherwise, he’s perfect. Time to move on!”

Nobody’s that stupid.

And besides, by the time you’re naked with someone, it’s usually well established that you’re into them, so seeing that the chick’s legs aren’t perfectly smooth isn’t exactly going to undo the momentum of attraction that got us alone and naked in the first place.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

i’d still hit it[/quote]

Dude, that pic of her holding in the puke at the meet?

Super hot.

I really hate to say this but it really is an “American thing” to be so obsessed with body image.

I guess I was blessed with low back hair. I just get the patch near my crack and my bodygroom can get it no prob.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
HolyMacaroni wrote:

i’d still hit it

Dude, that pic of her holding in the puke at the meet?

Super hot.

I really hate to say this but it really is an “American thing” to be so obsessed with body image.[/quote]

She held it in though. That is both hot and hard core. She’s my hero.

I can hardly wait to puke at a meet.

I’m saying that health does not require deodorant etc. I’m not saying I dig that shit. I grew up in a hippie town, and have hippie siblings who have ruined my clothing with their hippie funk. I don’t like it…but it wasn’t killing them.[/quote]

So then, according to Little Red Riding Creep here, that makes you shallow.

My (and BG’s) point was that expecting your partner to at least make SOME effort to remain physically attractive to you is in no way shallow.

I would give BG shit for not shaving her legs, just as she would me if I had excessive back hair. This isn’t because either of us is shallow, it’s because we realize that physical attraction is an important part of a relationship and neither of us are naive enough to think that it’s not something that factors into a couple’s ability to remain together over the longer term.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Shave a mans back and he’ll purr like a walrus.[/quote]

LMAO! How did people miss THIS gem?

buckeye girl wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
Honestly, I can’t believe people give a shit so much about stuff like this. Once you date people with chronic illnesses or go through really severe ups and downs with major life crises, stuff like this just becomes trivial.

Just one of the many things that gives people social anxiety. How sad.

OP:

Find a chick that really digs you. I guarantee she wont’ give a fuck once she’s with you.

Sweet!! That means if I don’t feel like shaving my legs for 3 weeks, my boyfriend can’t say anything cause that would mean he doesn’t care about me!

It’s stupid and incredibly naive to think that your significant other doesn’t care about you because they want you to address basic hygiene issues.

See, now you’re just challenging me in hopes of getting spanked. I can’t blame you, there’s quite a long line for you to join.

And no, when my exes didn’t shave or wax their legs, it didn’t kill it for me. I still buried their faces into the mattress and had my way with them :slight_smile:

I didn’t imply that the OPPOSITE of my statement holds - that they don’t care if they want you to remove hair - but that if they DO care, they all but don’t give a damn about such trivial things.

Chemistry > preferences

At least half of the girls I’ve been with all never liked facial hair, and I always have it, and once we were together it was something they’d play with.

It’s funny to see people cater to the preferences of those they want; in reality, that’s not what gets you in, because if they are into you they won’t think: “Well, too bad he has a goatee! Otherwise, he’s perfect. Time to move on!”

Nobody’s that stupid.

And besides, by the time you’re naked with someone, it’s usually well established that you’re into them, so seeing that the chick’s legs aren’t perfectly smooth isn’t exactly going to undo the momentum of attraction that got us alone and naked in the first place.[/quote]

Meh. I just think it’s stupid that there are guys on here saying that he needs a new girlfriend because she gives him a hard time about shaving his back. Your post kind of followed that general theme.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the meaning of “she gives me shit every time” but I read that as a little teasing like “I just shaved your back last week. You’re like a damn chia pet” before she goes to help. And that’s hardly a reason to break up, or to even suggest that she doesn’t care, as some did.

As far as grooming and hygiene go, life gets in the way sometimes. I’m certainly not arguing that, but we aren’t talking about that. Nor are we talking about attracting mates.

My point is that I expect my man to take care of himself, and I intend to do the same. “Taking care” can include anything from not turning into a fatass, and bathing frequently enough that people can stand to be around you, to keeping up with body hair maintenance. Instead of seeing that as being “trivial”, I see that as respecting oneself and, to a degree, one’s partner.

Finally, I don’t think you’d be saying that wanting a guy to keep up with the shaving (if that’s the hair removal method of choice) is trivial, if you knew how awful it felt to have an itchy, stubble covered body rub up against you during the deed. That’s more than enough to distract from how good everything else is feeling.

Meh. I just think it’s stupid that there are guys on here saying that he needs a new girlfriend because she gives him a hard time about shaving his back. Your post kind of followed that general theme.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the meaning of “she gives me shit every time” but I read that as a little teasing like “I just shaved your back last week. You’re like a damn chia pet” before she goes to help. And that’s hardly a reason to break up, or to even suggest that she doesn’t care, as some did.

As far as grooming and hygiene go, life gets in the way sometimes. I’m certainly not arguing that, but we aren’t talking about that. Nor are we talking about attracting mates.

My point is that I expect my man to take care of himself, and I intend to do the same. “Taking care” can include anything from not turning into a fatass, and bathing frequently enough that people can stand to be around you, to keeping up with body hair maintenance. Instead of seeing that as being “trivial”, I see that as respecting oneself and, to a degree, one’s partner.

Finally, I don’t think you’d be saying that wanting a guy to keep up with the shaving (if that’s the hair removal method of choice) is trivial, if you knew how awful it felt to have an itchy, stubble covered body rub up against you during the deed. That’s more than enough to distract from how good everything else is feeling.[/quote]

I don’t think we’re actually disagreeing. I’m just saying that, for some people (men and women), maintaining certain things becomes a nuisance and more inconvenience because it is not trivial; for instance, I rarely fully shave my face. It’s just a pain, the hair grows out fast, and I can’t shave more than once a week or my skin gets fucked up. So, I keep it all nice and trim, but that’s it.

You just made it sound like the guy wouldn’t be able to touch you if he ever missed a day of maintaining anything, and that’s what I took issue with. I certainly won’t kick my girl out of bed if she hadn’t had time to shave her legs. Honestly, so what? If that “kills the mood” then some people are far too aware of their surroundings when they should only be aware of what’s about to go on.

Now, go shave your legs. I know from that pink panty picture that you keep other parts shaved. Yum.

Finally, I don’t think you’d be saying that wanting a guy to keep up with the shaving (if that’s the hair removal method of choice) is trivial, if you knew how awful it felt to have an itchy, stubble covered body rub up against you during the deed. That’s more than enough to distract from how good everything else is feeling.[/quote]

Given that hair can grow back so fast, are you saying you’d never miss an opportunity to roll around naked immediately post-shave just before the stubble comes in? Should the dude say, “Baby, I’m clean shaven! Hurry up and fuck me!”

That’s what I’m saying. Even when you shave/wax your legs, it’s not always feasible that your boyfriend will be around to enjoy it.

Anyway, I’m not disagreeing with you and I think that, yes, you misread the original sarcasm of dumping the chick. At least, I don’t think that’s what was really being said; I, too, read it as the girl just teasing him, not saying he’s fugly and she won’t touch him.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Shave a mans back and he’ll purr like a walrus.

LMAO! How did people miss THIS gem?[/quote]

No one appreciates me anymore. Actually, I don’t think they ever did.

Wax it and be done with it, while you look around for laser hair removal.

You just made it sound like the guy wouldn’t be able to touch you if he ever missed a day of maintaining anything, and that’s what I took issue with. I certainly won’t kick my girl out of bed if she hadn’t had time to shave her legs. Honestly, so what? If that “kills the mood” then some people are far too aware of their surroundings when they should only be aware of what’s about to go on.

Now, go shave your legs. I know from that pink panty picture that you keep other parts shaved. Yum.[/quote]

I don’t see where my first post said anything about whether or not my boyfriend would be allowed to get anywhere near me if he didn’t shave every day…

In my second post, I said that rubbing up against a hairy guy that shaves but is covered in stubble is a horrible feeling. It’s not a matter of being “too aware of the surroundings” and disliking what your partner LOOKS like during the deed, its a matter of not liking the feeling of being fucked by a sandpaper man.

Finally, you don’t have to worry much about how long I think is too long between shaves for guys, or what I shave and how frequently I do it, Sugar Tits.

Finally, you don’t have to worry much about how long I think is too long between shaves for guys, or what I shave and how frequently I do it, Sugar Tits.[/quote]

And that’s all I wanted to hear. You’re a great catch :wink: