Tips on Removing Back Hair

Anybody have any advice on how to shave the hair off your back without the help of someone? I feel kind of silly asking my girlfriend to do it every few weeks. She gives me shit everytime…

I have nothing to contribute, but that girl is a keeper.

If she gives you shit about removing it, maybe she just prefers back hair. You should probably grow a generous thicket on your back, so she has nothing to complain about.

Shave a mans back and he’ll purr like a walrus.

Get a new GF.

I have some (nothing bad), but I haven’t met a girl yet that I was in a relationship with that would give me a hard time.

One time I had an ex wax it for me, HOLY FUCK that hurt. Never again

Tape or Blu-Tack a bunch of razors to the wall and move your back against them. It’s like doing hack-squats.

Or get it waxed. It doesn’t hurt as much as spraining an ankle or getting kicked in the balls.

now are you saying that getting the entire thing done is comparable to getting kicked in the balls? or its like getting kicked in the balls multiple times, yet slightly less painful than that? the answer to this is very important…

the thicker the hair on your back the more it will hurt to get it waxed. I have had mine waxed a few times and it wasn’t bad at all (but my back hair is not that thick). Now the wife just shaves it every so often for me. I actually prefer to have it waxed but the $$ adds up.

nair is the worst, tried that once…took the skin off but the hair remained. Whole upper back scabbed up from the chemical burn.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
now are you saying that getting the entire thing done is comparable to getting kicked in the balls? or its like getting kicked in the balls multiple times, yet slightly less painful than that? the answer to this is very important…[/quote]

It hurts less than getting kicked in the balls but it takes much longer. I would never volunteer to get kicked in the balls, but I do get my back waxed.

It hurts most the first time, after that it gets easier. The hair thins out, for a start.

Now - getting your balls waxed… that’s another story entirely!

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
coolnatedawg wrote:
now are you saying that getting the entire thing done is comparable to getting kicked in the balls? or its like getting kicked in the balls multiple times, yet slightly less painful than that? the answer to this is very important…

It hurts less than getting kicked in the balls but it takes much longer. I would never volunteer to get kicked in the balls, but I do get my back waxed.

It hurts most the first time, after that it gets easier. The hair thins out, for a start.

Now - getting your balls waxed… that’s another story entirely!

[/quote]

How many back waxes would it take until it’s no longer necessary (hair so thin it doesn’t matter)???

[quote]msd0060 wrote:

How many back waxes would it take until it’s no longer necessary (hair so thin it doesn’t matter)???[/quote]

You’d probably have to do it for at least a decade, if not two.

The only way to really get rid of hair is laser hair removal, and the wavelength of laser that you have to choose depends on the color of the hair. I think longer wavelengths are needed if the hair is darker.

Plus, it’s expensive. Usually 6-8 treatments about 3-6 months apart. You’ll have to do research to see which practice or doctor offers the right laser and the right prices.

haha. gotcha.

i think it is funny this thread popped up because i was thinkin about this lately.

wtf is with these like stupid little random hairs that are thick and dark? I get them on my upper arm and shoulder/trap area. I cant see my back but i imagine they are there too. its just nasty…

Get laser/electrolyses for it.

[quote]
How many back waxes would it take until it’s no longer necessary (hair so thin it doesn’t matter)???[/quote]

Unfortunately that never happens. It definitely thins, some of the follicles become damaged and take a while to recover each time you do it, some of them become ingrown (not a big deal usually, most grow out eventually).

Laser or IPL treatment works much longer, but I’m of the understanding that is not actually “permanent” as it is advertised. It is also very expensive. A mate of mine just had it done and he reckons it is more painful than waxing, he is blonde though, so they used max power.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:

How many back waxes would it take until it’s no longer necessary (hair so thin it doesn’t matter)???

Unfortunately that never happens. It definitely thins, some of the follicles become damaged and take a while to recover each time you do it, some of them become ingrown (not a big deal usually, most grow out eventually).

Laser or IPL treatment works much longer, but I’m of the understanding that is not actually “permanent” as it is advertised. It is also very expensive. A mate of mine just had it done and he reckons it is more painful than waxing, he is blonde though, so they used max power.
[/quote]

Actually, it’s supposed to be LESS power the lighter the hair. That’s what I’ve always read. Maybe his hair was thick?

Honestly, I can’t believe people give a shit so much about stuff like this. Once you date people with chronic illnesses or go through really severe ups and downs with major life crises, stuff like this just becomes trivial.

Just one of the many things that gives people social anxiety. How sad.

OP:

Find a chick that really digs you. I guarantee she wont’ give a fuck once she’s with you.

Try this. I’ve never tried it, but it would make it easier to reach. My back is quite hairy right now.

back hair is cool as hell, your out of your mind for trying to get rid of it. if you have any left over then send me a message and ill give you my adress and billing information. of course, im always taking donations. one day ill have the mangiest back hair of all!!!

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Find a chick that really digs you. I guarantee she wont’ give a fuck once she’s with you.[/quote]

That’s true, my wife was with me for 10 years before she asked me to deal with it. It wasn’t a big deal, we just both prefer I don’t have back hair.

We both prefer it when I brush my teeth and wipe my arse properly too.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Honestly, I can’t believe people give a shit so much about stuff like this. Once you date people with chronic illnesses or go through really severe ups and downs with major life crises, stuff like this just becomes trivial.

Just one of the many things that gives people social anxiety. How sad.

OP:

Find a chick that really digs you. I guarantee she wont’ give a fuck once she’s with you.[/quote]

Sweet!! That means if I don’t feel like shaving my legs for 3 weeks, my boyfriend can’t say anything cause that would mean he doesn’t care about me!

It’s stupid and incredibly naive to think that your significant other doesn’t care about you because they want you to address basic hygiene issues.

Basic hygiene: stuff that if you don’t take care of it, you’ll end up with sores, abscesses, etc. (tooth brushing, showers, clean underwear).

Beyond basic hygiene: stuff that makes you more attractive to the opposite sex, but isn’t necessary to keep your skin from falling off (hair removal, makeup, mani/pedi, crotchless panties).

imho. I’m sticking with Ponce. There are much more important things to worry about.

But…if your girl isn’t interested in helping you out, and this is something important to you…what does that say about your girl?