Tips for Getting Calories In?

Hey Coach, do you or anyone, have any good tricks to get clean nutritional calories in when trying to gain mass ? My goal is too hit 3500 cals per day while following the principal of eating to make the body as healthy as possible and I’m really struggling. Fish etc isn’t very calorie dense. I know you say your only shake should be your peri workout but how about blended up egg whites, spinach, oats, berries etc ? I’ve always struggled to physically eat food. The thought of eating post workout makes me feel sick. The struggle is real :grimacing:

That’s fine. You can also add 10-15g of MCT oil 2-3 x during the day

2 Likes

What brand MCT Oil do you use ?

It’s pretty much all the same thing. A use New Roots but only because that’s what they had at the store

1 Like

How about nuts? Few handfuls throughout the day can add a few hundred calories.

Absolutely, but I’d stick to almonds as much as possible

Load up on supps intraworkout, Plazma/Surge Recovery/ karbolyn type product depending on budget

I will never understand these “how can I get more calories in” questions.

Maybe I love food too much?

tweet

I’ve never tried these, i honestly haven’t looked but thought posting to
Aus would cost a fortune.

Maybe we could swap 50/50 haha

Maybe you might want to find other people in Aussie land and ship together? I know @MarkKO likes himself some plazma and he’s in Australia too.

1 Like

I know for a fact that shipping supplements to Australia is very complicated. I have some online clients there and it is hell. The problem seems to be mostly customs, it’s not only the price tag.

2 Likes

Could you Say why almond instead of Brazil or macadamia nut for exemple?

Gatorade and bcaa’s is probably the next best thing after plazma/surge - you could try that instead…i used to live in Au and it is a bitch to get stuff in, especialy WA, because of all the food laws and restrictions.

1 Like

yeah US supps like Biotest might be tricky but if you look around you can prob find some generic/local brand cyclic dextrin or karbolyn type product

As other said also get some BCAAs and leucine then

Better to keep the body alkaline

Is Plazma similar to Vitargo ? I know of a lot of IFBB pros using Vitargo in their clients diets as their peri workout.

What is Vitargo S2?

Vitargo is a patented molecular carbohydrate derived from a special barley starch. S2 means Super Solublemuch easier to mix. VitargoS2 is unique because it is specially processed to yield a molecular profile that is massively different from the carbs that make up sugars (e.g. glucose, fructose, sucrose) and maltodextrin found in ordinary sport, energy, and recovery drinks.Most importantly, Vitargo is proven to work in athletesin university studies.Part of the secret of Vitargo’s IVg technology is the molecular size of Vitargo. Scientists use molecular weight (how heavy the molecule is) to determine the size of molecules. As shown in the table, Vitargo is hundreds and thousands of times larger than maltodextrin and sucrose (dextrose).

CARBOHYDRATE MOLECULAR WEIGHT
Vitargo 500,000 to 700,000
Maltodextrin 1,000 to 10,000
Starch syrup 250 to 1,000
Sucrose (Dextrose) 180
But molecular size alone does not make Vitargo the Fastest Muscle Fuel. Vitargo is made through a special fractionation process that makes it rapidly digestible and therefore capable of delivering glucose to the blood, liver, and muscle at least twice as fast as other ordinary carbs.Other so-called high molecular weight carbs are weightless when it comes to proof they have zero university studies showing superior fuel delivery or performance in humans.

Is Vitargo the same thing as waxy maize or high molecular weight starches?

Vitargo can be made from most plant starches that makes Vitargo patented and the Fastest Muscle Fuel is not the source or the molecular size but the unique, patented molecular handprint, proven in university studies in athletes not lab rats or test tubes to greatly outperform other ordinary carbs, from your gut to getting more performance within 2 hours after exhaustive exercise. In fact, the first two studies done on Vitargo used potato starch as the starting source. For several years through 2005, Vitargo was made from a special strain of corn that is higher in starchwaxy maize. This is where other companies have gotten the idea of using different waxy maize starches. However, none of these other, non-Vitargo starches have any human studies showing a Vitargo effect. Furthermore, some of these unproven carbohydrate source might even cost less, however some of them, based upon laboratory analysis, are likely to be indigestible, delivering little or no glucose to the blood, liver, and muscles. If you want Vitargo results get VitargoS2.It’s cheaper to lose.

How does Vitargo work?

Vitargo is a molecule that dwarfs sugars (e.g. glucose, fructose and sucrose) as well as maltodextrin, the carbs found in ordinary energy and recovery drinks. Vitargo’s larger size minimizes its osmolality, which refers to how much water it draws around it. Vitargo’s low osmolality allows it to move through the stomach over 2X faster than other carbohydrates, which tend to act more like a sponge in the stomach. Spending less time in the stomach allows Vitargo to be delivered to the part of the intestinal tract, the duo denum where it is rapidly digested and absorbed. This provides a near immediate surge in energy to blood and muscle, superior to other ordinary carbohydrates. After training or competition is over Vitargo recovers glycogen 168% faster, allowing for an increase in performance up to 23% greater after just two hours when compared to carbohydrates found in ordinary sport and recovery drinks.

Will Vitargo make me feel bloated?

Carbohydrate-based energy and recovery beverages can make you feel bloated. That’s because the type of carbohydrate used in ordinary formulas act like sponges drawing water into the stomach, which can causing uncomfortable bloating, distension, and cramping. Vitargo is a patented molecular carbohydrate form proven to empty from the stomach faster and be absorbed into the body more quickly. In fact, university researchers found that Vitargo emptied from the stomach more than 2X faster than a comparable beverage with sugars and maltodextrin, the types of carbohydrates used in many popular sports/energy and recovery drinks and powders.

This may explain why many of our elite and pro athlete users notice no bloating or heavy stomach feeling when they use Vitargo S2 before or during training or competition.

Vitargo is not PLAZMA …vitargo is only a carb whereas PLAZMA is a combination of carbs, protein, electrolytes and ingredients facilitating recovery.

Is vitargo a good carb for peri-workout? Yes. It is still inferior to highly branched cyclic dextrins (the carb in PLAZMA) but it is pretty good. But its about 33% of PLAZMA

1 Like

@tye_89 @Christian_Thibaudeau

I haven’t had massive issues shipping here. I had my last Plazma held at customs for a little but that was it. I think the issue is when you bring stimulants, test boosters or something like SARMs in. I’d be surprised if Plazma, Micro-PA or Metabolic Drive were held for long. Plus now you can get a US postal address through Australia Post called Shopmate and it makes a biggish difference in cost.

1 Like