Tips for Clear Skin?

Well i dont have acne and stuff like that but I have my few pimples here and there and periodically for a few days they get worse,now how do you guys keep your skin clean? any ideas idk what do you do to keep your skin clean?

Change your pillowcase at least once per week.

Check out the Diet and Acne thread.

shitloads of water + washing with a mild, natural soap every night = Mr. Frost’s skin is nice and clear

Fo realz though, it’s the water that makes the crucial difference (I think). Any BBer should be getting a lot of water anyway. Personally I drink about a gallon a day. It took me a while to get used to that, but it had this effect of being like a super cleanse. Once I got into doing that my body thanked my in numerous ways.

Everything everyone up there ^ said is really cool and useful and works.

If you wanna screw with pills and big words, try megadosing pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)

Its water-soluable, so you can’t like, take too much. Get a nice bottle of 300 500mg caps (bigger if you can find them) and start off with 3 grams (6) the first day, then 4, 5, 6, 7, etc up until you get to 10. Once you’re doing 10 grams a day (20 pills, my hat goes off to you but its VERY easily doable) do that for a week. Some people keep a light maintenance dose after that, I found once I cleared up (I had barely been doing 10g for much time at all) I just stopped and stayed good.

Note: DRINK WATER when taking that much B5. Carry a gallon, whatever. It’ll dry you out, brah - your lips may chap, but it’ll be far nicer with water.

Clean your face, body, and house with Windex. Only Windex. Anything more elaborate makes you a homosexual

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Clean your face, body, and house with Windex. Only Windex. Anything more elaborate makes you a homosexual

[/quote]

Did you watch My big fat greek wedding lately? lol.

Flameout as well if you can afford it.

I used accutane.

It’s banned now.

Check out the Prof X thread about being all clean and shit, there’s some good info in there about skin by some Osiris dude.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Check out the Prof X thread about being all clean and shit, there’s some good info in there about skin by some Osiris dude.[/quote]

x2

I was just about to say there’s already a thread about this kind of stuff.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
I used accutane.

It’s banned now.[/quote]

The B5 megadosing is similar to accutane in its effects, iirc

I used accutane.

It’s banned now.[/quote]

Where did you hear it was banned?

But even if it was, the OP would still be able to find generic isotretinoin overseas. Even so, that medication is definite overkill for a few pimples here and there.

He would be much better served with a basic pimple-fighting routine that emphasizes hygiene and OTC products like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.

If that doesn’t solve the problem and it doesn’t get any worse, he will just have to deal with it. I’ll personally buy him a “Welcome to Puberty” card, because the kid is only 16 years old. He should consider himself lucky if all he winds up with during these years of his life is a few here and there.

I shower once or twice a day and im like borderline skizzo with hygiene :P…anyways i might try the B5 method though I am not sure if my parents will let me -.-(yeah go ahead laugh:P).Also I had an early puberty so the card would be a bit late :stuck_out_tongue: and yeah ive tried with Benzoyl peroxide,its good but not that good.

[quote]anonym wrote:

I used accutane.

It’s banned now.[/quote]

Where did you hear it was banned?
[/quote]

I meant taken off the market, my bad.

I found eating cleaner took away any pimples I had, or if a i get one every now and then its more likely from going and drinking or eating something greesy like a pizza type thing.

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:
shitloads of water + washing with a mild, natural soap every night = Mr. Frost’s skin is nice and clear

Fo realz though, it’s the water that makes the crucial difference (I think). Any BBer should be getting a lot of water anyway. Personally I drink about a gallon a day. It took me a while to get used to that, but it had this effect of being like a super cleanse. Once I got into doing that my body thanked my in numerous ways.[/quote]

Bigger penis?

I used accutane.

It’s banned now.[/quote]

That stuff causes cancer.

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:
I found eating cleaner took away any pimples I had, or if a i get one every now and then its more likely from going and drinking or eating something greesy like a pizza type thing.[/quote]

Diet has seriously made the biggest difference in regards to my skin. I don’t know how people can say that diet doesn’t affect skin, it’s simply not true.

Eating clean and eating healthy is beneficial in so many facets of life, skin being one of the biggest.

Honestly, all this diet and hygiene shit makes ultimately a small difference, especially if you are in your early 20s

What I have found personally, is that if I am stressed, I will break out. This could be not enough sleep, not enough social time, not having enough fun, training too much without recovery.

I would break out and not know why. Then I’ll go to my buddies cottage, hang out in the sun all day drinking beers and having a good time, eating whatever. I would clear up 100%. It sounds really really strange, but rings true for me.

Mine come like in cycles,I am very horny, aggressive,hungry and i get a lot of pimples then i back off for a few days then again…its fucked up i know :stuck_out_tongue: