Tips For Beginners

basically for advanced or intermediates to give some of their best tips to beginners. i really think its straightforward and doesnt need a long intro, so

1. get a damn gym membership.

ive trained at home with shitty equipment and made some alright gains and while its probaly good for a bit because itll get your creativity going it really cant conduct growth for long. especially when its your uncle’s weights down the basement from 1983. get in the damn gym guys.

1. fuck diets.

stay the hell out of supplements and nutrition, you dont need it. unless youre looking to drop 30 pounds or something and even in that case you should learn how to live off foods that dont contain yellow 5 and blue 12, that dont come in the freezer section and arent made with 4x more REAL cheese.

if youre a skinny guy with no muscle the only diet knowledge you need is “food good”. i think a lot of people are going to get information overload with various things. i know a spent a few good months wasting time on diets and other b.s.

you dont need half the supplements either. sure proteins good and i cant say anything bad about creatine really but outside of those i dont think you need to be mega dosing BCAAs or whatever supplement just came out this week thats made with real tiger shark blood or whatever.

1. nothing too fancy

you dont need the program that led Turkmenistan to a 1994 Olympic gold medal. just learn the basics, work on getting some decent numbers and sure go add something special or “advanced” once in a while if you really want to but just keep to the basics for a while. some super-advanced upsidedown curl with a twist at the 3second contraction point and a 6second concentric arent going to be any different from a regular curl.

1. learn to feel out your body

itll happen naturally with time anyway but bodybuilding is individualistic. you can get everything to work for you to an extent and youll get results with almost anything but if you really want to stand out and make better gains you gotta learn to fine tune things to your body. going with your gut is very important and ill tell ya 99/100 times your gut instinct is right about things. i dont care what the last article said because the author doesnt know how you work inside and out.

ill let some others add in now.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
basically for advanced or intermediates to give some of their best tips to beginners. i really think its straightforward and doesnt need a long intro, so
[/quote]

That seemed quite an intro to me, but great advice nevertheless.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

1. get a damn gym membership.

ive trained at home with shitty equipment and made some alright gains and while its probaly good for a bit because itll get your creativity going it really cant conduct growth for long. especially when its your uncle’s weights down the basement from 1983. get in the damn gym guys.
[/quote]

And I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I am sick of seeing people buy those 300lb weight sets (which only allow you to do a handful of exercises) instead of spending that money on several months gym membership.

I think otherwise. Buy a power rack, power tower, oly bar with 180kg of weights and get cracking, that works out a little more than one years membership, but you have it forever abnd don’t have to fuck with the tools at hte commercial gym’s.

This gear gives you everything you need to get big and strong.

also as for diet, eat like a fucking caveman, if you can’t catch it, kill it and eat it or grow it and eat it, dont fuck with it.