Tips and Help on Progressing in the Gym!

I’ve been lifting for about two years now and am I guess you could said an avid lifter, I have a nice gym in my garage that I use four to five times a week. I play football and it’s the off-season now and i’m trying hard to bulk up and get stronger than ever and progress but I’ve seemed to hit a plateau…and need some help getting over it, i’m open to any tips and suggestions on what to do. With that out of the way here are my stats and workout.

Stats:

Height: 6’
Weight: 155 lbs
Bench: 225
Squat: 315
Dead-lift: 275

Workout Routine:

Monday:
Chest and Arms
warm-up: Decline Push ups and pull ups
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets max 10 reps)
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets max 10 reps)
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets max 10 reps)
Incline Bench press (1 set max reps)
Flat Bench Press (1 set max reps)
Decline Bench Press (1 set max reps)
Prayer curls (3 sets max 10 reps)
Single arm curls (3 sets max 10 reps)
Skull-Crushers (3 sets max 10 reps)

Wednesday:
Back and Shoulders
Warm-up: Push ups and reverse grip pull-ups
Dumbbell Shoulder Press (3 sets max 10 reps)
Deltoid raises (3 sets max 10 reps)
Single Arm Dumbbell Rows* (3 sets max 10 reps)
Shrugs* (3 sets max 20 reps)
Dead lift (3 sets max 8 reps)

Friday:
Legs
Warm-up: Stretching and jump rope
Squat (3 sets max 10 reps)
Barbell Step-Ups (3 sets max 10 reps one leg at a time)
Leg-Extensions (3 sets max 10 reps)
Hamstring-Extensions (3 sets max 10 reps)

Sunday:
Cardio
Running on the treadmill for a mile
On the Elliptical for a mile with resistance setting workout

Thats basically it I eat ALOT of good healthy food and drink protein and muscle milk as well as lots of water and take vitamins daily. I want to get my weight up and not decrease my endurance as well as get loads stronger. Thanks guys for all the help.

-Alex

The amount of exercises you do for chest and arms is…really stupid to say the least. And that’s being nice. Especially compared to the back work you do which virtually doesn’t exist. Get on an actual program. You and 99% of the lifters here don’t have enough experience to make up their own program. For people around your level I believe most people would suggest madcow, WS4SB, texas method, 5/3/1,etc.

im assuming youre an high school, i played football for 13 years and coached, at youre age and build especially you’d benefit most from a simple, PROVEN method, get on something like 5/3/1, 5x5, or juggernaut, all great and simple programs. follow it to the T and eat well. i promise you wont be dissapointed. ive been in youre shoes and i wish so badly i had used one of these programs in high school

Eat more, squat deeper.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Eat more, squat deeper.[/quote]

x2

Are these guys flocking from the BBing forum recently? What gives

Oh - eat!

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_to_build_pure_strength&sa=U&ei=s6O9T4SuIJGgOsndkRY&ved=0CAUQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFmO_cyMgPSkiGhkgGuoogXLccBoQ

You are welcome.

stop everything you are doing and do this.

squatx2 a week
benchx2 a week
deadliftx2 a week.
eat.

the rest is gravy baby

[quote]mlekava000 wrote:
Are these guys flocking from the BBing forum recently? What gives

Oh - eat![/quote]

Maybe they sick of talkin about best way to curl?