T Nation

Tipping The Scale

I have a problem, I have been eating all I can and I weigh myself every Monday morning and I seem to stay at 156 or 157 (tough to read old fashioned scales haha) My Diet is like this:

Meal 1
1 Fish Oil Capsule 10 0
2 Multivitamins 0 0
4 Eggs 280 20
0.5 cups Oatmeal 150 5
1 cup Skim Milk 90 8
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter 190 8

1st Class			
	Water			

In Between Classes			

2 slices Wheat Bread 140 6
2 Tbsp. Strawberry Jelly 100 0

2nd Class			
	Water			

Lunch			

1can Tuna 150 32
2 Ramen Noodles 760 20
1 Fish Oil Capsule 10 0

In Between Classes			

2 slices Wheat Bread 140 6
2 Tbsp. Strawberry Jelly 100 0

4th Class			
	Water			

Pre-Workout			

2 BCAA Capsules
1 scoop Whey Protein 120 24
16oz. Water

During Workout			
	Water			

Post-Workout			

2 BCAA Capsules
1 scoop Whey Protein 120 24
16oz. Water
2 cups Skim Milk 180 16

Supper 1			

2 Potatoes
2 filets Tilapia 200 42

Supper 2			

0.5 cups Oatmeal 150 5
1 cup Skim Milk 90 8

Pre-Bed			

1 scoop Ultra Peptide 115 23
2 cups Skim Milk 180 16
1 Fish Oil Capsule 10 0

CALORIES: 3855 PROTEIN: 287

The water intake varies day by day but I get around half a gallon at least I think. The Mid Morning and Mid Afternoon Sandwiches vary from day to day too. Sometimes I remember them and sometimes I do. The Lunch and Supper sometimes change with a subway turkey sub or Roast Beef sandwiches from Arby’s. Not very often but its occasional. Anything I should add?

how many cals do you burn a day?

I’d say get more protein inbetween classes, and trying drink a gallon of whole milk a day, helps loads!

Drink a gallon of milk a day!? My dad will kill me!!

Calories burned a day? I have no clue, how do I find that out?

[quote]Tation wrote:
Drink a gallon of milk a day!? My dad will kill me!!

Calories burned a day? I have no clue, how do I find that out? [/quote]

Someone at your stage should be LESS focused on a specific number and MORE focused on eating until the scale weight goes up. Any bullshit about “eating all I can” simply means you won’t be making much progress until you get over that particular problem. Eat more. Drink more of your calories if you have to.

If your problems in life consist of, “my dad will kill me” when it comes to food intake, maybe you should be more realistic with yourself. Either find a way to get more food down…or don’t expect to make much progress. It’s as simple as that.

[quote]Tation wrote:
The Mid Morning and Mid Afternoon Sandwiches vary from day to day too. Sometimes I remember them and sometimes I don’t. [/quote]

This stuck out to me right here, you need to consistent to gain weight, thats alot of calories that somedays you don’t have making your diet closer to the bottom end of the 3,000 range.

If you really have been eating 3,800 or so calories for awhile and havn’t been gaining, than you should eat more, try 4,200.

Some people need more food than others there is no set number you should take in to see results.

Not Enough Protein. Not close to enough.

Add protein to all of your snacks. This will boost your protein intake and overall calories. Protein bars aren’t the best choice but convenient. Or make some chicken or something and put it in a ziplock bag. An easy way to get more protein and calories which you evidently need.

It seems that you’re eating reasonably clean. If this isn’t working, try adding some pizza, lasagna, etc… Notice that I said adding.