TIP: A Simple Way to Minimize Excessive CNS Stress

In the name of “willing to do everything for better performance even it it makes me look or feel silly” I really think you would benefit from meditation/mindfulness practices. Especially if you’re a stimulus addict.
I think there is EVEN MORE benefit for someone who would be frustrated by doing it. In my opinion it means you need to practice that skill (and yes, it’s a skill that can be learned, very fast even).

The best, most effective and least frustrating way is to listen to a “mindfulness track”. It will guide your attention - and you can choose whichever one you like (maybe you prefer one speaker-voice over the other, a “body-scan” over some other etc.). You can do this wherever. On the floor lying down or sitting, sitting in a chair, in your car (not driving), in your bed, in the corner of the gym on a mat, wherever really. You don’t have to sit in a lotus-position. We are way beyond that now.

Many people think it’s a new frontier, and in 10 years from now many more people will use meditation tools (just like many more people are using “fitness” tools compared to 10 or 20 years ago) because the amount of research showing how beneficial it is, especially in our plugged in modern world, is just staggering.

So go dig up any old track that works for you and 10-15 minutes everyday is all you need. I swear swear swear that you will be much better off with it. Especially since you are already ‘battling’ these issues.