T Nation

Tingly Pain In Neck After Deads

About a couple of weeks ago, I was doing deadlifts for five reps with a 7RM on the bar. All of a sudden I got a tingly pain in the base of my neck that would hurt when I pulled the bar up. I went to my chiropractor and he said its just cause of baseball. So he adjusted it and said that I can begin deadlifting again and that I shouldn’t have a problem. WELL, I put only 115 on the bar today to test it out and I got the same pain again. Has anyone experienced this before and what have you done to alleviate the pain.
Thanks

Did he do any kind of exam on you? If you told him it happened while doing deadlifts and he told you it was because of baseball, then he is an idiot. You may want to consider finding a different chiro.

Without examining you is is difficult to say what you injured, but obviously with tingling pain, you would want to rule out any nerve-based pain. They need to check your reflexes, sensation, gross motor strength, cervical spine ROM and then perform some orthopedic tests and assess your response to positions and spinal loading. This should give a pretty good idea of what all is involved. While an adjustment may help, you may need some other therapies as well.

Let me know what you find out.

Take care

Ryan