Tingle in Elbow....

Thought I better start a new thread for this one, as you guys on here seem much more pro than on other forums. Basically, when doing flat and incline DB presses (and only these exercises), I get a tingle in my left elbow (very light) on the last couple of reps of the more tiring sets (when my arm is getting worn out basically). It is never painful, never comes on after or between exercises, and I have had no history of elbow problems.

Is this just a tendon sliding over a nerve or something? I presume if it only does it a few times it does not matte. More importantly does anyone else ever get it? I have had a few other people who have had it, and got rid of it as they got stronger, so just curious to see if there are any other people out there with a similar thing.

Thanks!

There are loads of elbow pain threads, have a quick search pretty sure you’ll find them helpful.

[quote]plateau wrote:
There are loads of elbow pain threads, have a quick search pretty sure you’ll find them helpful.[/quote]

Thanks man, but there is no pain as I originally said, just a light tingle.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Is it medial or lateral? above the joint or below? Back of the arm or the front?

The more info you can give, the better your chances of getting useful information.

BBB[/quote]

back of the arm.

Hazza1989 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Is it medial or lateral? above the joint or below? Back of the arm or the front?

The more info you can give, the better your chances of getting useful information.

BBB

back of the arm.

Okay, well only two more questions to answer.

If you can’t be bothered providing information, then I will do the same.

BBB[/quote]

Sorry, but I don’t understand. I do not even know what you mean by medial or lateral, so I answered the question I understand. It is just above the joint also I think. No pain, does not happen on any other exercise. My best guess is a tendon sometimes (very occasionally) touching a nerve (ulnar). Any opinions?

I believe this pic is the “medial” side

Well if you had just said ‘I don’t understand’ you would have saved two posts in useless back and forth, no?

medial means the inside of the elbow. Lateral means the outside.

If it’s the inside, just above the joint, at the back of the arm, then it’s likely to be the ulnar nerve (as you say).

I would guess a triple crush scenario, where the ulnar nerve is being compressed by those muscles particularly active during the exercises you describe.

Try stretching out your pec minors and your scalenes.

BBB[/quote]

Okay, sorry for the confusion mate. Well, it only ever happens a few times during my chest workout as the arms get tired.

As it is so infrequent it should not turn into anything, right? The last thing I want to do is stop my bb due to some nerve issue. It is only ever during that exercise once a week. I’ll do what you say and stretch out my pecs and neck more.