Timing of Surge

I have read a few articles on T-Nation and some of the authors have differing opinions on when to take Surge.

Just to keep in mind I am a PLer looking to recover as fast as possible.

The two ways I take Surge (new bottle):

1. 3 scoops immediately after the workout (if I am lazy).
  2. 1 scoop immediately before and 2 scoops immediately after.

I also throw in Power Drive after intense workouts for the CNS as noted in Thibaudeau’s rapid recovery article.

Barr has some differing views on when to take Surge as well.

Your thoughts?

(I don’t want to waste this expensive stuff)

I follow strictly the indications on the label and it seems to work fine.

Id go for #2 if you remember but #1 aint going to hurt.

I can’t be arsed to deal with dragging my Surge around the gym with me… so I just have it after workout.

If I’m bulking and such I might have a second serving after waiting a while. I think Dave’s article shows a graph where the second serving spikes insulin and anabolic activity, repeating the whole deal of the first serving.

I love my Surge (and BCAA’s)!

[quote]vroom wrote:
I can’t be arsed to deal with dragging my Surge around the gym with me… so I just have it after workout.

If I’m bulking and such I might have a second serving after waiting a while. I think Dave’s article shows a graph where the second serving spikes insulin and anabolic activity, repeating the whole deal of the first serving.

I love my Surge (and BCAA’s)![/quote]

I agree, I love my Surge and BCAA’s as well. There is debate that the postworkout anabolic window is up to two or three hours after your workout. I don’t think one needs to be end of the world critical about this.

As long as you take it anywhere from right when your workout ends up to an hour later you are going to reap the benefits of Surge. On a side note, I have been using my BCAA’s right before, halfway through, and with my Surge post workout and I feel they have really helped with muscle gains.

D