Timing of Protein Powders

I have two different protein powders. I bought a new one today which consists of 45g of protein per serving, 3g of carbohydrates, o.5g of fat and 10g of BCAAs. My old one consists of 55g of protein, 152g of carbohydrates, 18g of fat and plenty of amino acids. The reason I bought the new protein powder is becuase I am lactose-intolerant and I wanted a protein powder which I could consume several times throughout the day without having to take too many lactaid pills.

Right now I am eating:
4 whole eggs as well as 4 of 5 egg whites
lettuce and spinach
oatmeal cereal
tuna sandwich
mortadella sandwich
lean beef/chicken/turkey for dinner
broccoli/spinach/lettuce/beets/celery
oatmeal cereal

I usually have the vegetables a couple times a day and I usually eat whatever I have. Celery, beets, broccoli, spinach, and lettuce are usually what I eat. I was wondering how many times a day I should have my protein shakes and when to have them. I want to gain as much weight as I can, fat and muscle. Any other suggestions to my diet are welcome.

It’s best to think of protein powders as food. Use them whenever you need a quick, easily digested source of protein.

No one can tell you how much to use without knowing how much protein is already in your diet and how much you need/want daily.

Forgot to mention that the powder with 152g carbs is a weight gainer and probably full of sugar and/or maltodextrin.

I personally wouldn’t use it.

Aren’t carbs/sugar good for after woking out?

I’m also very skinny. I’m about 5’9" and about 130 pounds. Wouldn’t the weight gainer be helpful for gaining weight for me?