Timing Issues

I just finished a ten week cycle preparing for a meet, and it is now after the meet. The problem is I have another meet in 7 weeks…

My natural test sucked when I went on anyway, although I was going to try to recover with SERMs for PCT and at least test to see what my numbers rebound to before I decide whether or not to stay on…

But this timing scenario makes it hard. I really do not want to do a meet natural, but also do not want to make it harder to recover, since I know it will already be harder for me since I have naturally low test.

Should I just go off, and see what happens?

Or should I just cruise for a few weeks then bump it back up and add orals for the meet?

I know generally time on=time off whether it is cruise/blast or cycling, but given my schedule I am not sure how to work that out and take anything before the meet.

Probably should’ve thought about this before doing the cycle in the first place.

That’s what you wanted to hear, right? lol

I did a cycle to prepare for a meet. The issue is I have another meet in 7 weeks as well.

I really think a 17 week cycle would be too long.

But I don’t want to go into any meet without being on something.

May just have to back out of the upcoming meet.

My natural test is sucks (269 pg/dl) anyway, so it is a long shot that I will recover, so that is why I considered staying on.
And no, I did not fuck up my natural test levels because I didn’t know what I was doing. Thats what they were before I ever took anything.

There’s a couple different ways you can handle this.

The most important factor in this situation is probably your PCT/pct timing.

If you’re doing a standard PCT (nolva 40/40/20/20) Consider that will take 4 weeks PLUS the two weeks before that (assuming you were losing a long-estered drug; you neglected to mention what you were taking) would put you out six weeks- i.e. One week before comp.

Now for me personally, I lost practically nothing (weight or strength) on my PCT, it wasn’t until after PCT that I slowly started losing a little and eventually leveled out. I would say if you were in a similar boat, then maybe just extend your current cycle maybe 2-3 weeks that way you can cover that period and still be practically at optimal strength, while not running a fairly lengthy cycle or two separate cycles. Even better, but somewhat longer, would be to have the two “stasis weeks” prior to starting PCT land on the competition and bridge your PCT with Dbol. That way you’d be taking an oral during comp. but wouldn’t have to be mid-way through another cycle that’s going to be harder to recover from since you hadn’t recovered from the first.

That’s just one option. Some people crash and burn during PCT, if you’re one of those folks, I prolly wouldn’t try it.

I have done a 16 week cycle that covered two meets and had no problem recovering with standard PCT. The crash was no worse than it normally is and the recovery followed roughly the same timeline as it has in my shorter cycles. In the PL scene in my area, 16 week cycles are standard and no one seems to have a problem. I’m young however, so I expect recovery is easier now than it will be later on. I’m not sure how much a low natural test level will affect your recovery ability though.

I am pretty young too, but still have low test. I will start with what Toby suggested. If I have a big drop in strength, or do not recover well, then fuck it I will go back on.

With the low test I was planning to cruise/blast originally, but lately I have thought recovering and possibly correcting my low T at my age may be better. Especially for fertility.

Then again, I could cruise/blast, get some HCG, and stay on, and still have kids most likely. Who knows.

If my test levels were that low at a young age(myself being 23) I wouldnt use AAS to begin with. Id go back to the doc in 2mo or so and get another blood test. If it continued to look bad on paper and I felt low energy and yadda yadda Id see a doc and talk about options for TRT.

If you’re concerned about fertility, and your levels are that low, I say fuck the meet and take care of your health first/get off AAS and figure out the problem at hand. Most of these meets dont give out big $ anyways-its not like you’re making a living off of it so is it really that important when you’re concerned about being young and maybe wanting kids in the future?

BUT just because the testosterone is low, doesnt mean your going to have issues pollinating some chick. You need to get that checked out too if its a concern.

good luck.

[quote]Toby Queef wrote:
There’s a couple different ways you can handle this.

The most important factor in this situation is probably your PCT/pct timing.

If you’re doing a standard PCT (nolva 40/40/20/20) Consider that will take 4 weeks PLUS the two weeks before that (assuming you were losing a long-estered drug; you neglected to mention what you were taking) would put you out six weeks- i.e. One week before comp.

Now for me personally, I lost practically nothing (weight or strength) on my PCT, it wasn’t until after PCT that I slowly started losing a little and eventually leveled out. I would say if you were in a similar boat, then maybe just extend your current cycle maybe 2-3 weeks that way you can cover that period and still be practically at optimal strength, while not running a fairly lengthy cycle or two separate cycles. Even better, but somewhat longer, would be to have the two “stasis weeks” prior to starting PCT land on the competition and bridge your PCT with Dbol. That way you’d be taking an oral during comp. but wouldn’t have to be mid-way through another cycle that’s going to be harder to recover from since you hadn’t recovered from the first.

That’s just one option. Some people crash and burn during PCT, if you’re one of those folks, I prolly wouldn’t try it. [/quote]

GREAT advice here. OP I agree this is the way to go. If not this, then cancel the meet. It’s important to be able to recover. And some info that might interest you: I, too, had shitty test levels before my first cycle (one reason I wanted to go on) but after the PCT (blood test a little while after), my Test levels had actually increased significantly. I went from low-normal to high-normal. Why this happened, I don’t know. But I’ve felt a lot better ever since and made better natural gains as well. There may be light at the end of the tunnel. Just make sure you don’t stay on TOO long and give yourself a kick-ass PCT. Props to Toby, I hadn’t even thought of that before reading his post.

Glad to hear. Yeah I originally planned to cruise and blast due to low test. I figured at first self medicate, then thought, well fuck I can’t compete drug free like that anyway so might as well cruise and blast.

Right now, I don’t want kids, but I am also young and realize that I might change my mind. So I wanted my options open, but wouldn’t be devastated by either outcome.

I have 8 more days till the test e is out of my system and I can start PCT. I will get blood tests after PCT and see whats up. With any luck, my test will have increased too. If not, like I said, I can always just go back on, and stay on.

Glad to hear. Yeah I originally planned to cruise and blast due to low test. I figured at first self medicate, then thought, well fuck I can’t compete drug free like that anyway so might as well cruise and blast.

Right now, I don’t want kids, but I am also young and realize that I might change my mind. So I wanted my options open, but wouldn’t be devastated by either outcome.

I have 8 more days till the test e is out of my system and I can start PCT. I will get blood tests after PCT and see whats up. With any luck, my test will have increased too. If not, like I said, I can always just go back on, and stay on.

Sounds like a wise plan Skwata, please keep us updated!