T Nation

Times of Greatest Progress

Does anyone else have a time of the year of have certain things going on in there life where they feel like they progress faster and why? Ex. Mine is summer because I get the most amount of sleep and I never miss meals.

girlfriend is out of town

^is this cause of all the excess testosterone that is built up in your body?

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Does anyone else have a time of the year of have certain things going on in there life where they feel like they progress faster and why? Ex. Mine is summer because I get the most amount of sleep and I never miss meals.[/quote]

when I eat a lot(4k calories) and eat frequently(every 3-4 hours)

1(big) table spoon of butter and take a zinc supplement right after. It makes me go crazy in the gym.

Probably spring/early summer. Smaller clothing is an unreal motivator.

In the offseason lol

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Does anyone else have a time of the year of have certain things going on in there life where they feel like they progress faster and why?[/quote]
Seems like it’s usually January to April. I end up with plenty of available me-time because my gal works a few more hours (works for an accountant and that’s the busy season) and the kiddo’s school schedule is/was mostly straight-forward except for a few breaks (he’s started college this year so it’s all different now).

I tend to have the best sessions when I don’t have to keep an eye on the clock to get in, get out, and get home. Not that my training sessions are necessarily longer, it’s probably more of a mental thing that it helps knowing there’s no rush.

Anyhow, having weeks and weeks and weeks in a row like that is pretty cool. Enjoy it while you can, youngsters.

End of summer I start to see results of more intense workouts and more sleep from being burned out.

Pretty sure it was known back in the 60’s that people make the best gains during the summer months.

When I have stuff to do and work, but not overly stressful. It helps me keep a routine and keep momentum going. Also, when I don’t program hop or modify the program I’m on too much.

^^As Above^^

But also when a deadline is approaching, it makes me work that much harder.

On the weights, the winter months.
For cardio/conditioning, the summer months.

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
On the weights, the winter months.
.[/quote]

Is this simply because you are forced to be inside more often do to shtty weather or is there some other kind of physiological magik that is happening. Not trying to be adversarial im just asking .

[quote]Field wrote:

[quote]GorillaMon wrote:
On the weights, the winter months.
.[/quote]

Is this simply because you are forced to be inside more often do to shtty weather or is there some other kind of physiological magik that is happening. Not trying to be adversarial im just asking .[/quote]

Yup, it’s the shitty weather + albeit to a lesser extent, stuff like heavy squats etc in the summer months can be pretty draining to say the least.

[quote]chobbs wrote:
^is this cause of all the excess testosterone that is built up in your body?[/quote]

Probably that… as well as less physical activity outside the gym, more sleep, cleaner diet…

If somebody makes something for you, it’s hard to be a dick and say no because it has too many carbs or whatever.