Times Competitors, Coaches, and Trainers Showed Their Lack Of Knowledge

We’ve all seen instances where individuals (ie bodybuilders with world class physiques) say or do something that leaves us scratching our heads and questioning if not ultimately realizing whether they truly understand any of the concepts of training and nutrition that most people would automatically assume they must possess.

Here are a few instances I’ve experienced that in hindsight we’re both hysterical (because I couldn’t believe anyone with such a lack of basic understanding could even consider they should work in the Fitness industry), as well as sad (because many people who don’t know any better seek “help” from these “experts”).

1- “I’ve been reading a lot of your advice on using fish oils, so I’ve taken a page out of your book and have been eating a lot of Tilapia”

• Trainer / Competitor with great genetics and a steady year round diet of PEDs who never actually did well on stage but make plenty of $ as a trainer.

2- “As long as I don’t eat any carbs, I can eat as much as I want and still lose weight. I’m gonna be shredded”.

• “coach” and author who never really excelled as a competitor himself, and built an entire reputation swiping programming from actually well known and successful coaches and spamming every online site he knew of until he had amassed a following as an author and “coach”.

3- “now this is a steroid so it can be dangerous. Are you using it for growth or cutting?”

-A Pharmacist filling an Rx for a corticosteroid I was given by an orthopedist after surgery to reduce inflammation in the affected area.

S

4 Likes

:+1::joy::joy::smiley:

John Kiefer, “famed” creator of carb backloading and apparent individual who mised in high school nutrition class when they explained how overeating any macronutrient beyond your daily caloric needs will result in body fat accumulation.

S

1 Like

listened to a podcast by Scott Stevenson recently on the topic of that where he gets super in depth. Guy’s so smart it’s scary.

It’s worth a listen; I can’t link to it obviously but you’d find it easy enough.