Time Until Spike Kicks In?

For you guys who take Spike, how long does it take to kick in? I wake up about 30 min before I work out in the morning and it would be nice if it worked by then. Thanks!

Yes, the Spike will be working 30 min later, especially on an empty stomach.

More importantly, you’re eating a good meal before you work out, right?

For me Spike tablets take between 30-45 minutes. The Spike Shooter takes about 15 minutes.

Ummmm, how are you defining good meal. I usually drink 2 cups milk, a 2 Tbsp of nesquik, and a scoop of whey as soon as I wake up. Is that good enough??? Its about 350 cals.

On an empty stomach, I feel Spike in 15 minutes and Spike Shooters almost immediately.

[quote]boss99er wrote:
Ummmm, how are you defining good meal. I usually drink 2 cups milk, a 2 Tbsp of nesquik, and a scoop of whey as soon as I wake up. Is that good enough??? Its about 350 cals.[/quote]

Yeah, I guess for eating right before a workout. Generally, you’d want your breakfast much bigger than that. Try eating oatmeal or a piece of fruit that will sit well in your stomach for training.

Oh yeah, after my workout I usually have an omellet made with 3 eggs, .25 cup of mozzerela cheese, and some turkey pepperoni. I also have a banana.

[quote]boss99er wrote:
Oh yeah, after my workout I usually have an omellet made with 3 eggs, .25 cup of mozzerela cheese, and some turkey pepperoni. I also have a banana.[/quote]

Post workout is the LAST time you want fats in your diet. Re-work that so you get a high insulin response right after working out. Surge is the ultimate PWO drink, but if not… skim milk chocolate milk is second best. Preferably with some whey.

Well, here is what I usually do…exactly. I mix up 2 cups milk, 2 Tbsp Nesquik, and 1 scoop whey. I drink half on the way to the gym and half right after I lift. Then about an hour later I eat the omellet and banana. Is that still too close to post workout to eat the fats in the egg and cheese???

I’d dump a little sucrose or glucose into the pre-workout drink to get the insulin going. That’s why pre workout meals are more effective then post workout, and why they result in much greater blood flow.

[quote]boss99er wrote:
Well, here is what I usually do…exactly. I mix up 2 cups milk, 2 Tbsp Nesquik, and 1 scoop whey. I drink half on the way to the gym and half right after I lift. Then about an hour later I eat the omellet and banana. Is that still too close to post workout to eat the fats in the egg and cheese???[/quote]

Doesnt the Nesquik have enough sugar to get the insulin spike going??? I figured with that and milk it should be high enough GI to be cruising pretty good.

Nesquik does contain maltodextrin, I’m just not sure how much.

The nesquik has 17g of sugar in it. That combined with the milk I get about 40 grams of sugar and then I throw in a scoop (20 grams) of whey.