Time to Stock Up

Yeah I’m giving my mom extra money every week for extra chicken,turkey breasts,and steak. It will help and all but what are the chances an extra 300 calories or so from chicken will make a huge difference. I’m gonna eat more but half a serving of a sensible mass gainer with some peanut butter will be about an extra 600 calories. Basically just whey, food, and creatine will do it? I can get 165 servings of ON gold standard for 100 bucks or

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

[quote]I’d just add that asking questions and getting advice on the T-Nation/Biotest boards and then going out of your way to buy supplements from somewhere else is kind of a dick move. Almost everything you’re thinking about getting can be found at the store here:

[/quote]
Really tho? Not everyone’s budget can handle Biotest prices. [/quote]
x2[/quote]
Yes really. Dude was talking about taking creatine and ZMA. Those aren’t exactly budget-breakers. With other supps like Flameout, Surge, and the protein powders, I do believe you’re investing in a quality product. And as was mentioned, the free shipping on all orders (no minimum) is a huge benefit.

For those outside the US, sucks to be you. (I kid, I kid. But really, I’ve heard it is more of an issue going International, but that’s not the case with OP.)

[quote]Consul wrote:
Did you listen to any of the advice given to you so far?[/quote]
Considering he’s still asking this…

When he’s been told almost exactly that in thread after thread for the last three weeks, yeah, no, it’s not totally sinking in. Some, but not all.

Drinking a mass gainer while trying to lose fat is like watching WWE to learn how to be a good actor. It’s contradictory. I stand behind what I said before. Focus on 3 good meals, a workout shake, and a shake at night. That kind of eating routine, plus a consistent lifting routine, should sort you out for strength progress with some fat loss.

At 6’0 and a not-lean 230, you’re definitely a big kid, but you should still be able to get the few thousand calories you need just with those five “meals.” It’s not like you’re trying to get in 7,500 calories or some crazy-high amount.

Also, don’t overlook the simple egg for low cost/high quality protein, fats, and calories.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Also, don’t overlook the simple egg for low cost/high quality protein, fats, and calories.
[/quote]

x2. I eat loads of eggs when I’m at university.

Got ya, I know for sure I’m getting whey but I’m gonna have that for like breakfasts on training days or a shake for a snack on non-training days. For post workouts I’m looking at this stuff Nytoplex ( Prosource brand protein ) It’s 300 calories,no sugar,70 carbs,4g of fat and 56g of protein. It has whey in the ingredients along with casein and milk protein.

On training days would Whey for breakfast and Nytroplex post workout seem good since it’s not technically a mass gainer considering it’s not loaded with fat carbs and sugar?

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
Got ya, I know for sure I’m getting whey but I’m gonna have that for like breakfasts on training days[/quote]
Just a whey shake is not breakfast, it’s a light snack. 5 Scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, some toast, an apple, and maybe a scoop of whey in milk is breakfast for a kid your size. Especially on a training day and especially if you’re doing a Sheiko program.

The only Nytroplex I’m finding on that site that’s close to what you’re saying has 290 calories, 4g fat, 8g carbs, 3g fiber, 4g sugar, and 56g protein. Not sure what product you’re looking at. (Don’t try linking it.)

Either way, neither of those would actually be ideal post-workout. Right after training you want simple carbs/sugars, no fat, no fiber, and a fast-acting protein not a slow-digesting protein like casein.

Stick with a simple, basic, plain whey powder. You can make your own shakes to fine-tune whatever macros you need when you need them.

Forgot to say my actual breakfast I was gonna have more stuff than that, I just have the whey as my drink with the food. Also I’m not on Sheiko anymore, since that was strictly powerlifting, I’m on a Strongman workout I would much rather be doing strongman in my future instead of straight powerlifting. And yeah that was the Nytroplex I was talking about, I didn’t know the exact nutrition facts it was just close. But in terms of post workout with simple sugars/carbs what kind of food or shake would you recommend? Right now I’m on Bioquest Myozene. It has a lot of sugar & carbs with a decent amount of protein

Shipping is also free if one stops at a supp store while theyre out and about.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

[quote]I’d just add that asking questions and getting advice on the T-Nation/Biotest boards and then going out of your way to buy supplements from somewhere else is kind of a dick move. Almost everything you’re thinking about getting can be found at the store here:

[/quote]
Really tho? Not everyone’s budget can handle Biotest prices. [/quote]
x2[/quote]
Yes really. Dude was talking about taking creatine and ZMA. Those aren’t exactly budget-breakers. With other supps like Flameout, Surge, and the protein powders, I do believe you’re investing in a quality product. And as was mentioned, the free shipping on all orders (no minimum) is a huge benefit.

For those outside the US, sucks to be you. (I kid, I kid. But really, I’ve heard it is more of an issue going International, but that’s not the case with OP.)[/quote]

All good points. Doesn’t persuade the penny-pincher in me tho.

Don’t even eat real food. Just buy as many supps as possible and you are guaranteed to get HUGE. serious

Although I have a lot of questions on some good post workout nutrition, I know that won’t work out