Time to Stock Up

I’m pretty excited for my next order of supplements a couple days after christmas I already have my order down but I was wondering if I’m missing anything important. I’m strongman training to bigger/stronger/more muscle is what I’m aiming for.

2 mass gainers ( up your mass )
pre workout ( craze )
whenever I need some protein ( ON whey gold standard )
muscle feeder ( probolic sr )
creatine powder ( prosource )
glutamine powder ( prosource )
BCAA caps ( prosource )
ZMA caps ( prosource )

All coming out to $250. Am I missing anything important? For post workout before the up your mass I’m just gonna have some OJ and a banana or some nuts

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
I’m pretty excited for my next order of supplements a couple days after christmas I already have my order down but I was wondering if I’m missing anything important. I’m strongman training to bigger/stronger/more muscle is what I’m aiming for.

pre workout ( craze )
BCAA caps ( prosource )
ZMA caps ( prosource )

All coming out to $250. Am I missing anything important? For post workout before the up your mass I’m just gonna have some OJ and a banana or some nuts[/quote]

Dump the mass gainers, they contain nothing but crap and will just add fat. Use Biotest muscle growth formula instead. Also dump the muscle feeder, and get another muscle growth or low carb formula. Not sure about the glutamine, it doesn’t do much for me.

Last, the preworkout? I am not a fan of those, I use Surge Workout Fuel myself, I really dont need the caffeine, but if you need the caffeine, then just buy the pills, $5 for a bottle. Cheap and effective.

Above all of that, make sure you have good food.

pre workout ( craze )
BCAA caps ( prosource )
ZMA caps ( prosource )

All coming out to $250. Am I missing anything important? For post workout before the up your mass I’m just gonna have some OJ and a banana or some nuts[/quote]

for $250 you can get a SHIT LOAD of beef, chicken, potatoes, rice and caffeine pills. just sayin.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

pre workout ( craze )
BCAA caps ( prosource )
ZMA caps ( prosource )

for $250 you can get a SHIT LOAD of beef, chicken, potatoes, rice and caffeine pills. just sayin.[/quote]

Shit, not as much as you would think, at least not the leaner variety. Prices on meats and food in general are getting cray but i get your point.

I’ll try the Biotest, besides Up Your Mass main protein is soy and that just leads to bitch tits. Other than the Biotest thing, is there any other post workout out like that? I heard muscle milk but those protein sources are awful.

pre workout ( craze )
BCAA caps ( prosource )
ZMA caps ( prosource )

If you must buy supps, then spend your money on:
-Whey protein
-Creatine
-Fish oil
-Multivitamin

Spend the money you save on food. Mass gainers are shitty. BCAAs and glutamine are just not worth the tiny potential performance boost. Use a simple cup of coffee as a pre-workout, if you need a boost.

Since I’m in school all day it’s not easy to get my calories so what are some of the better supplements with more calories/protein/carbs. Or not take the full serving of a mass gainer. I’m looking at Cyto Gainer ( Cytosport) and Real Gains ( Universal Nutrition ). 1/2 a serving of Cyto is 280 cals ,2g fat, 38 carbs,5g sugar, and 27g protein. Real Gains is close to the same

Dude, I feel like giving you a smack in the head. I just saw the thread you started a few days ago about wanting to lose some fat. On one hand, pick one goal and attack it, don’t keep flipping around. On the flip side of that, you should be able to drop some bodyfat fairly easily if you skip the “mass gainers”, keep paying attention to what you eat (without starting to eat like a precontest bodybuilder), and train consistently 4 or 5 days a week.

Especially if strongman is in your future, you’ll need to build your conditioning base and that training can double as “functional fat loss”.

Since I’m in school all day it’s not easy to get my calories[/quote]
Big breakfast, big lunch, workout shake, big dinner, nighttime shake. If you can’t get your calories with those, it’s certainly not “time to stock up” on supplements.

[quote]Consul wrote:
If you must buy supps, then spend your money on:
-Whey protein
-Creatine
-Fish oil
-Multivitamin

Spend the money you save on food. Mass gainers are shitty. BCAAs and glutamine are just not worth the tiny potential performance boost. Use a simple cup of coffee as a pre-workout, if you need a boost. [/quote]
Big, big x2 on all of this. (BCAAs and Glutamine are absolutely unnecessary in your situation.)

I’d just add that asking questions and getting advice on the T-Nation/Biotest boards and then going out of your way to buy supplements from somewhere else is kind of a dick move. Almost everything you’re thinking about getting can be found at the store here:

I know it sounds weird to say I wanna lose fat while strongman training but I’m not like eating less or training different I’m just doing a little more cardio. And I’m buying from Prosource because I’m getting gift cards for there as gifts so I’m not gonna let them go to waste. I’m sticking with strongman, the little bit of extra cardio to shed a little bit of fat won’t hurt. In terms of supplements I’m getting my whey and creatine, how come BCAAs and Glutamine are unnecessary?

He said “BCAAs and Glutamine are absolutely unnecessary in YOUR SITUATION”.

Caps because you missed it.

You need to eat. Not worry about small things.

Well yeah that’s what I meant, my fault. I’ll throw my mom some extra money to get more chicken and steak than usual

I personally love Up Your Mass

[quote]I’d just add that asking questions and getting advice on the T-Nation/Biotest boards and then going out of your way to buy supplements from somewhere else is kind of a dick move. Almost everything you’re thinking about getting can be found at the store here:

[/quote]

Really tho? Not everyone’s budget can handle Biotest prices.

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

[quote]I’d just add that asking questions and getting advice on the T-Nation/Biotest boards and then going out of your way to buy supplements from somewhere else is kind of a dick move. Almost everything you’re thinking about getting can be found at the store here:

[/quote]

Really tho? Not everyone’s budget can handle Biotest prices. [/quote]

Actually, Biotest prices are pretty damn affordable when you factor in free shipping, the fact that they don’t put crap ingredients in their products and the overall taste. Prices are high for everything anymore these days, if i’m going to spend it i’d rather it be on quality products. Yes, if you get into more advanced supplements like Anaconda and MAG-10 they are pricier but the OP shouldn’t be focusing on those at the moment.

I like up your mass too but the main protein is soy and I’m trying to take in as little soy as possible…not tryin to get bitch tits. And I’m not buying Biotest because I have so many prosource gift cards…and because I live in Jersey so it gets here in like 2 days

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

[/quote]

x2

I’m ordering all of my stuff within the next week and I have a question. I’m getting 5lbs of whey and creatine, but I’m also trying to add size which obviously requires more calories. It’s hard to find a good mass gainer with good nutritional value. Anyone know some good ones? So far the best ones I have seen is IsoMass Extreme Gainer by Ultimate Nutrition , Monster Milk by Cytosport, and Met RX Size Up. The first two are really expensive but let me know what you guys think or if there are any good ones out there that I’m missing

I’m ordering all of my stuff within the next week and I have a question. I’m getting 5lbs of whey and creatine, but I’m also trying to add size which obviously requires more calories. It’s hard to find a good mass gainer with good nutritional value. Anyone know some good ones? So far the best ones I have seen is IsoMass Extreme Gainer by Ultimate Nutrition , Monster Milk by Cytosport, and Met RX Size Up. The first two are really expensive but let me know what you guys think or if there are any good ones out there that I’m missing[/quote]

Did you listen to any of the advice given to you so far?

Yeah, they’re called whole foods.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]Moe Doobie wrote:

[/quote]

Actually, Biotest prices are pretty damn affordable when you factor in free shipping, the fact that they don’t put crap ingredients in their products and the overall taste. Prices are high for everything anymore these days, if i’m going to spend it i’d rather it be on quality products. Yes, if you get into more advanced supplements like Anaconda and MAG-10 they are pricier but the OP shouldn’t be focusing on those at the moment.
[/quote]

biotestaustralia.com/products/metabolicdrive.html

At $70 a kg, it is ludicrous. No doubt it’s a semi-decent product, but this is taking the piss.

I don’t blame the OP for shopping elsewhere, however much advice he blatantly ignores