T Nation

Time to Lean Out

I’m about where I would like to be strength wise after coming back off my summer time back injury. I need assistance with leaning my body out because my body fat level is no where near where I would like to be…

-I’m 5’11" and about 208lbs
-I would like to cut to 190lbs as a daily weight
-Any ideas?

Clean up your diet. IF that doesn’t get you where you want to be, increase your activity level. IF you still have issues, reduce your intake while keeping your protein up.

Start simple like the above said and just get your diet worked out. You only want to lose 18 or so lbs take it slow kep training hard and eat good food.

How much is it possible to go down from now and until end of may ?

yes

[quote]impactxblu3 wrote:
I’m about where I would like to be strength wise after coming back off my summer time back injury. I need assistance with leaning my body out because my body fat level is no where near where I would like to be…

-I’m 5’11" and about 208lbs
-I would like to cut to 190lbs as a daily weight
-Any ideas?[/quote]

rule 1 is caloric deficit. i am going to try to keep up the protein, essential fat, and limit carbs to veggies and once a day fruit selection. no bread.

also consider limiting peri-workout nutrition. i am experimenting with water, BCAA, and beta alanine pre and during, while allowing for about 10g carbs and 20g protein post

from a Waterbury routine i am adding 10 minutes jump rope for my warmup and then 10 minutes HIIT after my 3x/wk weight training. of course you could do the cardio however you see best but there is a good argument for interval work rather than grinding out a long run or something like that.

these are just some ideas. good luck =)

Thanks Everyone Time to try it out