Time To Help My Wife

I would go extended release for sure. Thyroid isn’t great but it isn’t the worst. Your endo won’t likely Rx those meds for those numbers. If I saw these labs I would order a pituitary MRI and also an abdominal CT to check adrenal size and for lesions. You treat her adrenals and her thyroid will pick right up. @anon10230041

1 Like

@physioLojik 1 more ?, her ferritin appears low 29 (range 15-150), is this something to treat now while starting metformin/cortef? or wait. She took the labs the day after she started her period.

Sorry for the delay bro. Is she active? A runner or lifter? How are her periods? Super heavy or light? Moods?

Not active. Always tries to start exercising but never continues. Frequent headaches. Low energy. Irritable. Somewhat depressed. High stress from being a teacher. Periods normal, may linger a day or 2 very lightly.

Have you tested her progesterone levels? Progesterone has a calming effect on women in the same way testosterone has a calming effect on men.

Dr redid cortisol and acht. Thankfully her am cortisol is not low.

She started metformin 500 mg a day ER. Dr want to double next week after gets used to 500. My wife’s plan is to lose weight asap, taking sublingual b12. A multi with iron. May take extra iron. And 6000iu D3 per day.
I think this scare of adrenal failure has motivated her. Thank you Lord. @physioLojik @systemlord

For reference other labs. Time To Help My Wife - #14 by anon10230041

Sometimes it take a serious medical condition to motivate a positive change in one’s life, the trick is to not let it wear off later.

@physioLojik I did want to write too much ibyour pharma thread…
I just want to make sure the quadracarn does not effect anything.

So wife cortisol am was 5.5 (6.2-19.4), you commented possible cortisol pills Dr said same but she repeat test after a few days cortisol came in at 13.5.
So Dr started on 1000 mg metformin. She is taking 25mg dheas in am, b12, extra iron for a month. Then redo labs. I really want them to check cortisol at noon too.

So it’s ok to take the quadracarn for her?

Thanks.