Time To Help My Wife

So thanks to this forum I gained so much knowledge. So my wife has a BMI of 45. Obese.

She was heavy most of her life. Hard for her to lose weight and she is ready for help.

So we went to Endo and my wife not knowing as much as I do from what I learned on this forum, she felt like the dr was like a drug dealer. Lol. Pushing meds without knowing full labs.
So far I have thyroid labs , wife went to lab this morning for other labs dr ordered, including CMP, LH,fsh, prolactin, cortisol ,test, insulin , a1c, etc.
Btw wife is not diabetic according to previous a1c and glucose level. Never took insulin test so we see.

Dr believes that problem is most likely insulin resistance. But she was already talking about weight loss drugs. She gave us a list. I want to fix the problem not mask with weight loss drugs. But my wife did tell her she wanted to lose weight.
Drugs talked about:
Metformin
Victoza
Saxenda
Qsymia
Belviq
I spoke about high rt3 and she said she does not think that’s the problem but willing to treat.
I will post rest of labs in a few days.

Any initial thoughts? Any medication u think she should take from above? And if treating rt3 , does she just need t3 medication.
Thank u very much. :grinning:

She’s definitely a thyroid candidate. Does she have any symptoms of hypothyroidism?

Doctors are drug dealers with a licence to do so because that’s how they make money, they would rather prescribe drugs instead of address the hormones deficiencies. In an ideal world pharma wants your parents, children and their children taking prescription drugs for their entire life.

The high Reverse T3 is negating good Free T3 levels, Reverse T3 should be less than 15. Who knows what side effects all these medications are causing, I wouldn’t be surprised if she felt awesome coming off all of them after her hormones are balanced. Sooner or later people are going to start waking up and realising we don’t need all these prescription drugs.

Women can have low testosterone just like men, is there a reason why testosterone wasn’t tested? Some people need thyroid hormones closer to the top of the normal ranges, sounds like this doctor isn’t knowledgeable. She could use more thyroid hormone across the board. Wife’s going to have to eat right and workout if changes are going to happen.

In men insulin resistance typically causes low testosterone, but in women it can cause both. ​Women who tend to get HIGH testosterone levels with insulin resistance fall on the PCOS spectrum. Does she have coarse facial hair and any manly symptoms?

1 Like

She is not on any of those medications. They were just written down by dr so we can research.
My wife is only on zocor and ranitidinE.

She took labs this morning that include testosterone.
I thought maybe metformin would be good.

Low temps in morning. Low energy. Low libido. I can’t make full use of my trt . Lol.
I just don’t know if treating thyroid if she just needs t3 or t4 as well.

Hi charlie you did not list her age or if she was thru menopause.
That makes a big difference in her T,E,&P values.
You mentioned bedroom problems would that be libido or pain(dryness)?

42 age. No menopause.low Libido. Not dry. She gets horny during a few days out of the month when she ovulates. We have sex other times of course but it’s because I want it.

I will post new complete labs in a few days. Get more of a complete picture.

Does she exercise or did I miss that? Approx age cuz low libido seems off. Haven’t been around sorry

It sounds like hypothyroidism, had a girlfriend who has hypothyroidism and only gets horny 2-3 days out of the month, all other days it’s like she’s in menopause. In her case thyroid medicine does nothing, skins all puffy like she’s being boiled alive. Severely scatterbrained. She also has PCOS and has high testosterone.

Would like to see cortisol levels and ferritin.

1 Like

Damn, that’s horrible. That must be hard for you guys!

@systemlord I will get cortisol and ferritin. Those were included in the draw this morning.

Just read metformin helps PCOS.

Thx will post labs in a few days. Interesting, will have my wife read about PCOS. But her period is very regular. Will see.

Sounds as though she would benefit from a T3/T4 combo. My wife does this. Gets around the rT3 by supplying real T3. It’ll be interesting to check everything else. Make sure she gets progesterone.

Surely premenopausal though so E is starting to tank on her. Just listened to a podcast where the doc talked about treating women with bioidentical hormone replacement for estrogens and testosterone. Optimization or Else: Peptides, Fake Hormones & Treating Women w/Dr. William Parker | TRT Revolution - YouTube

@systemlord @KSman and who ever else can assist. I got the labs for my wife. Thyroid numbers are in 1st post.

Wife could definitely use thyroid treatment, even if thyroid was spot on, low cortisol is a problem as thyroid requires good cortisol levels. The Reverse T3 is the one causing the most problems other than cortisol levels. High Reverse T3 is making the situation seems as if Free T3 is low, RT3 blocks FT3 from entering her cells slowing down metabolism and cortisol is worsening the situation. RT3 needs to be below 15.

I don’t really trust free T measurements and calculated is just that, calculated. When I was low T I had good calculated FT and directly measured FT, but felt like I was dying. I do however trust Total T and wife is scraping the bottom of the barrel in that regard.

Also some need FT3 near top of range.

How about them ferritin , b12. Those are low right? Thanks man.

Some people have low Vit D when T is low, I did and once T was restored Vit D went up.

@physioLojik if you have a few moments can you see labs a few post up. There are my wife.
I appreciate it. I have a phone call with the Endocrinologist and want to prepare. Thank you.

I would start her on metformin. Her glucose sucks and she’s pre diabetic. Could also be in severe adrenal fatigue. Could use 5mg cortef in AM. @anon10230041

Thank you @physioLojik how about the thyroid?
Those labs are in first post. Is cortef temporary?

Also don’t we need the acth to increase which is what tells adrenals to make cortisol? Or is their no way to treat that? Not exactly sure how this works.
Thank you so much @physioLojik

Also with metformin do you suggest a slow release? Wife does not tolerate side affects well