T Nation

Time to Get it Back

Long story short, I gained 60lbs after a back injury. It’s been 3 years since I lifted seriously and I really feel like shit. These pics are when I was 220. I’m now 280 and would really like to get back to the way I looked in these pics. I will post some newer pics once I get them on my lap top to show my progress over the next 4 months.

I know my diet and over all physical activity need to change dramatically for this to work. I know it’s going to be painful, but I think that I can handle it.

Wish me luck…

I was a pretty hefty kid, weighed about 240-250 through high school. Got into fitness when I was 19. Dropped down to 200 and back up to 220-225 by the time I turned 21. My legs are usually pretty huge with 32 inch quads and 21 inch calves (cut). Definately unproportional to my upper body where my chest circumference is 48 inches and arms are 18 inches. I’m more wide than ‘thick’ and I’m actually a hard gainer in the upper body and really need to focus on every movement and keep my diet perfect to get good results.

I was pretty strong before the injury. I could rep the 150 lb dumbells for 8 with strict form and could rep 225 24 times, dead 630lbs and squat 365-20 times.

As you can imagine after the back injury everything went awry. Diet sucked, couldn’t work out, even cardio wasn’t worth the pain. God married, went to school and just gained a shit ton of weight. My fault, but i’m ready to get back into it. I finished my degree in 2 1/2 years and had one kid with another on the way. I really want to get healthier so that i’m not the ‘fat’ tv dad… Oh yeah, i’m in the Air Force too and the fatness isn’t going to fly…

my plan is to go low carb and fat, high protein and fiber and tons of water (goal is 2 gal a day)

0500 Thermo’s and water (always helps me through a workout)

0530 Cardio 30 min

0600 light weights (make sure to work my way back up slowly to keep from reinjuring myself.

0700 Breakfast (2 scoops protein,skim milk + 1 piece whole grain bread) 2 calcium 1 magnesium, 1 CLA, 10 grams creatine, 15g glutamine, 5 BCAA tabs.

1000 snack (30g protein shake, or meal equivalent + 1 low fat yogurt, fiber 1 bar)

1300 (5oz sirloin or chicken breast, + 3 servings fiberous greens) 5g’s Creatine

1600 (30g pre workout shake and NOxplode)

1700 30 min cardio

1730 30 min stretching and core training

1800 1 hr Light weight session

1900 30g protein shake 1 yougurt, 10g creatine, 15g Glutamine, 2 calcium, 1 magnesium, 2 CLA, 5 BCAA’s,10g citracel fiber (sonds good doesn’t it?)

2030 6oz steak, fiberous greens

2200 ZMA, 40g caisein shake

Sleep, repeat.

This will be a 2 on - 1 off, 2 on - 2 off rotation. I might do some swimming on my days off and lower my calorie intake to keep the weight loss going.

I “deploy” in a week so i’m starting it then. That is why I have so many calories coming from shakes. I’ll keep this updated as I go and get some updated fat pics on here.

I’d like to hear any input you may have as well.

Thanks,

jsag

Since you wrote this is an old pic from when you weighed less and had a physique, then there’s nothing to rate. You see this is a “Rate My Physique” forum, so maybe you should post in the beginner’s section since the title of you thread is “Time to get it back.” When you get it back, and I’m sure you will, then I and others can rate you in this forum.

Good luck.

^ what venus said, well look on the bright side, you did it once so you can definitely do it again.

Ask the mods to move it to the beginners section

Nevertheless, good luck with it all. I gotta ask though, you got any pics of those wheels, those are some impressive sizes. 21 inch calves, man when I do fitness consults with new members at my gym they have quads smaller then that. Also waists smaller then your quads.

[quote]jsagan77 wrote:
I was pretty strong before the injury. I could rep the 150 lb dumbells for 8 with strict form and could rep 225 24 times, dead 630lbs and squat 365-20 times.

[/quote]

So, you were pushing these numbers when you took these pictures?

Sorry bud, I don’t buy it.

I’m not sure what’s worse; posting old pictures of yourself, or lying about your lifts.

Good luck with the new program.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
jsagan77 wrote:

So, you were pushing these numbers when you took these pictures?

Sorry bud, I don’t buy it.

I’m not sure what’s worse; posting old pictures of yourself, or lying about your lifts.

Good luck with the new program.
[/quote]

I gotta say, he looks pretty thick in that picture. But yes, those figures seem a bit inflated.

Or maybe I’m just jealous of what he used to lift…and so are you.

Either way, we’ll never know.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I gotta say, he looks pretty thick in that picture. But yes, those figures seem a bit inflated.

Or maybe I’m just jealous of what he used to lift…and so are you.

Either way, we’ll never know.[/quote]

He looks long and lean without a doubt, but his claims about the size of his legs are suspect judging from those pictures. By the way, it looks like he came back and removed the front chest picture from his 2nd post.

There are college football players who can’t press 225x24 in the combine, or squat 365x20, let alone deadlift 630. Oh, and just for kicks, he tosses around 150 DB’s like their play toys.

Jealousy has zero to do with it. I’m happy with my lifts. I just don’t inflate my numbers.

Maybe if he posts some current photos, we can give his claims some credence.

Until then, I say bullshit.