T Nation

Time To Get Huge

I’ve been lifting consistently for 4 years but I’ve been under the influence of T-Nation for about 1 year. I’ve taken a liking to CW models of high frequency training (completed TBT, ABBH1, ABBH2, and some others) and I like to incorporate CT’s use of isolated movements to ensure the right muscles are growing. I seem to respond well to high frequency.

So I’ve come up with the following work routine with a nutrition plan based on Berardi’s stuff. I am coming off a cut so I am going to add ~500 calories a week for 3 weeks to go from 2300 calories to 3800 calories.

I am currently 6’ 2", 200 pounds, at 9-10% bf.

My goal is to put on muscle. I want to emphasize my shoulders, biceps and upper chest the most. My legs exploded in size last bulk so I am trying to take it easy there.

WORKOUT:
mon: off
tue: Horizontal plane
wide-grip neck presses 3x10 (3 sets of 10 reps)
one-arm db rows 3x10
CW’s hand sliding push-ups 3x10
bb curls 3x10
decline weighted sit-ups 3x10
wed: Vertical plane
military press 4x6
wide-grip pull-ups 4x6
weighted dips 4x6
hammer curl 4x6
thur: 20mins cardio, active recovery
fri: Horizontal plane
db bench press with neutral grip 4x3
standing cable press 4x3
bent-over supinated bb row 8x3
close-grip bench 4x3
cable external rotations 3x10
sat: fat bb deadlift 4x5
front squat 4x5
cable crunch 3x10
20mins cardio, active recovery
sun: Vertical plane
narrow-grip supinated pull-ups 3x8
seated db press 3x8
reverse-grip preacher curl 3x8
leg lifts 3x8
leaning cable lateral raises 3x8

I generally stretch the muscle after I have completed working it in the workout.

DIET:
7am - 600cal, 10g fat, 94g carbs, 56g protein
1.25 cups oatmeal, 2 scoops ON Gold Standard whey, 3 fish oil, 5g BCAA, 1 banana

10am - 360cal, 15g fat, 10g carbs, 42g protein
1/2 chicken breast, veggies, 1 tbsp olive oil

noon - 410cal, 5g fat, 57g carbs, 42g protein
1/3lb deli turkey or ham, wheat bread, apple

2pm - 400cal, 33g fat, 19g carbs, 20g protein
big handful of almonds or walnuts, plain yogurt, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter

4pm - 350cal, 15g fat, 17g carbs, 41g protein
95/5 burger or can of tuna, veggies, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter

5pm pre/peri workout shake - 400cal, 1g fat, 53g carbs, 50g protein
2 scoops of ON Gold standard whey, 3/8 cup of dextrose, 3/8 xup of maltodextrin, 5g glutamine, 20g BCAA

6:30pm port workout - 480cal, 6g fat, 39g carbs, 42g protein
1.5 servings of Surge, 5g creatine

7:30pm 500cal, 9g fat, 48g carbs, 55g protein
6oz steak, veggies, 1/8 lb of whole wheat pasta

9:30pm ZMA

10:00pm 190cal, 5g fat, 12g carbs, 24g protein
1/3 big can of cottage cheese, 5g BCAA, 3g fish oil

drinking 1-2 gallons of water a day.

Any feedback would be most helpful.

if you actually read the entire post and had no objections I’d like to hear that as well just so I know someone looked at it.

btw overall diet stats: 3800cal, 99g fat, 349g carbs, 372g protein

I stopped reading after this quote “I seem to respond well to high frequency”. The rest is just trainee specific. The results are oriented around this frequency response.

You could have wrote …all you do is 3 exercises and eat 7 different types of foods. If you got results then that’s all that matters. The High Frequency will be a key for all trainers including steroid/non-steroid users. Supposed “split” & “fullbody” routines.

Merlin

Damn,
You thought this one out very well…

Post a pick in 6-8 weeks

good luck

One of my favorite times. Looks very nice. If your gains are to slow you could always bump up the cals or lower vise versa with fat gain. Either way I’d keep your protein level where its at regardless IMO.

Looks like you have everything mapped out rather well. However them must be some damn big chickens at 42 grams of protien for a 1/2 breast.

haha they are.

Looks pretty well thought out to me. Let us know how it goes. Bulking is always such fun, even when you do it clean.