Time to Finally Get Shredded

Thanks for the encouraging words. I obviously do not intend on getting into the condition of your avatar. That is just a freaky level of conditioning. I would like to be 8 weeks out from that point.

I would just take things one week at a time. No one ever looks in the mirror, sees their shredded physique, and cries if they’re only 8% and not 6%. Well, not unless they absolutely need to cry about it on the internet to a bunch of strangers -lol.

S

So yesterday was 1 week post refeed and I weighed 201 that morning. I felt oddly full and strong considering I usually am tired and weak towards the end of the week. So I am planning on making some changes to accelerate my progress. Instead of eating fewer calories during the week I shrunk the size of my refeed. I have been losing fat for over a year now and have been consistently averaging one pound a week in fat loss.

I also have not had to ever go below 2500 calories a day and every week I would have a “cheat day” averaging around 6-8 thousand calories with around 1000 carbs. So instead of eating less throughout this upcoming week I had a refed day yesterday where I was between 4000 and 4200 calories. I believe this as well as replacing my 4 30 minute cardio sessions with 4 10 minute hiit sessions will bring about some good progress. If I drop too fast I will add a higher calorie/ carb day mid week. I also trained on my refeed day where usually it is an off day.

Good luck to you.

I’m also cutting down from around 255 (215 atm) (6’2") with a skiploadish refeed and little cardio. Granted, my strength isn’t up with yours, and I’m older.

RE: refeed… personally, I haven’t found manipulating the “window” to have as much of an effect as others because I have the ability to eat all camel like and eat just as much. I do, however, like to change the content, for example: week 1 skipload, week 2 skipload, week 3 low sugar high pasta/bread load, week 3 skipload, week 4 no load, just whatever (mental break), week 5 skipload, week 6 booze, etc.

The main reason I don’t like to skipload week after week is I feel like I get somewhat “addicted” to it, and I start thinking and craving sweets a couple days before. I don’t know how your experience has been w/ this.

You look better bulked than I did, but I keep it all in the gut. With that in mind, and our strength discrepancies, it’s good to see what 205 looks like. I’ve begun to SLOWLY transition off my cut… riding out macros from 2 lb/week to 0 before resetting, and am riding it down to keto for a few weeks before reintroducing the carbs. I’m currently at 75 grams of carbs on workout days and around 2200-2300 cals, so I should bottom out in a month, I reckon.

good luck

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:
Good luck to you.

I’m also cutting down from around 255 (215 atm) (6’2") with a skiploadish refeed and little cardio. Granted, my strength isn’t up with yours, and I’m older.

RE: refeed… personally, I haven’t found manipulating the “window” to have as much of an effect as others because I have the ability to eat all camel like and eat just as much. I do, however, like to change the content, for example: week 1 skipload, week 2 skipload, week 3 low sugar high pasta/bread load, week 3 skipload, week 4 no load, just whatever (mental break), week 5 skipload, week 6 booze, etc.

The main reason I don’t like to skipload week after week is I feel like I get somewhat “addicted” to it, and I start thinking and craving sweets a couple days before. I don’t know how your experience has been w/ this.

You look better bulked than I did, but I keep it all in the gut. With that in mind, and our strength discrepancies, it’s good to see what 205 looks like. I’ve begun to SLOWLY transition off my cut… riding out macros from 2 lb/week to 0 before resetting, and am riding it down to keto for a few weeks before reintroducing the carbs. I’m currently at 75 grams of carbs on workout days and around 2200-2300 cals, so I should bottom out in a month, I reckon.

good luck[/quote]

Thanks and I have really been manipulating very similar aspects of the skippload like what you were saying. Yesterday was mainly fat free candies, a lb of pasta and I did have a fattier dinner. All in all I think I was at around 4500 calories. Probably 700-800 carbs, 60-70g of fat, and 150 g protein. These are rough estimates though. I did however only go up about 4lbs as opposed to my usual 8. I have a feeling this week will be very productive.

Yesterday I weighed in at 200 which is 1lb down from last week. My strength is still great and I am noticing new veins everyday.
I decided that the calories I removed from my usual refeed day were sufficient and that cardio is not yet needed.

Hopefully it never will be. I did a similar style skippload/refeed yesterday but my main carb source was candy (twizzlers, skittles, etc). I do feel that this works the best I feel and look better the next day and I hold much less water. My changes for this week will be to get two more sessions in this week and cut my carbs by about 25-50g.

Obviously if tomorrow I am 200lbs I will probably not cut anything and still add the sessions though. This weeks schedule will probably be today-back(Heavy), Sunday Chest(Heavy), Monday Legs (Quad emphasis and heavy), Tuesday (Arms), Wed(off), Thursday (Chest +back light) Friday (Legs heavy). This can all change but this is the plan.

Todays workout

Bodyweight pullups with varying grips 4x10,10,10,9
Dumbell rows 80lbx10, 90,10, 100x4 setsx10
Underhand pulldowns 130lbs 3x15,12,12
slight decline dumbell pullover 55lbs 3x12 (4-5sec negative)
NO CARDIO