Time To Change

This is my first real post here on T-Nation, but I’ve been an active reader for almost a year now. For the past eight months I haven’t been working out except for the rare occasion because my training partner moved out of state and I lost motivation. When I was working out I progressed pretty quickly and while not too impressive on a site like this - I was proud.

Squat 1RM was 375
Bench 1RM was 245
Seated Military 10RM at 130
Single arm bent over row 1RM was 120

I don’t want to go through all of my lifts, but I want to show that I’m not one of the hundreds of 15 year olds(I’m 23) that want to look like brad pitt in fight club. Though not up to the most here, but I was serious about lifting. Which is why I’m posting now - I want it back.

Eight months of little to no working out killed all of my lifts and its killing me. I’ve gotten fat and can’t lift anywhere near what I could. I’m pissed. So I’ve just started the V-Diet and when I’ve cut down my fat percentage I’m going to hit the weights with a vengeance.

I need you to help keep me on it. Bust my balls if need be, but don’t let me quit.

I’ll have a before pic to put up when I find the cord to my camera.

Your training partner moved, so you lost motivation and didn’t touch a weight for 8 months? Doesn’t sound like you’re too serious to me…

[quote]animalmj wrote:
Your training partner moved, so you lost motivation and didn’t touch a weight for 8 months? Doesn’t sound like you’re too serious to me…[/quote]

Yeah, my training partner left is the shorter verson. I was serious, but ended up slacking big time. Letting myself slide out of the good place I was in was undoubtably a huge mistake, but it’s nothing that can’t be corrected with some hard lifting.

Give it some time - I can prove I’m serious.

I’ve noticed that I never really posed a question or asked for advise - which is probably why very few people have said anything. But all I’m looking for is to have something out there to keep me accountable and something to possibly make a couple friends that lift to help keep me motivated… Or if anyone lives up in Northern California and wants to take a n00bi3 under their wing that would work too.

Oh and as of day three on the Vdiet I’ve lost seven pounds. I’ve been craving food (so much so that I dream of it), but only good food. A big steak with some steamed asparagus and squash would hit the spot. Not really wanting anything sweet though. I’ve had to stop putting flaxmeal in my shakes though because it was making me gag to an extent that it took me half hour to drink a shake. Any ideas about that?