Time to Change Routines Already?

For those of you who remember me i started working out on november only hitting each muscle group once a week and going to the gym 4 times a week. Ive made some progress definetly nothing huge but noticible.

Questions is is it time to change the routine already? I dont have time to work for longer periods of time than what i’m currently spending which is an hr and a half …average. As it is my schedule’s pretty tight. So, no, no 2 hrs at the gym for 5 days …which really is a downer but what can i tell ya. im still making a little progress though, what should i do?
Its nice to be back!!

Are you still improving? Are your goals still the same? If the answer to both is yes, don’t change.

if you are adding weight to the bar consistently and growing in size, then don’t change a thing.

if you are not making progress i would first look at the diet and training intensity before changing things up too much.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Are you still improving? Are your goals still the same? If the answer to both is yes, don’t change.[/quote]

Exactly.

My calorie intake is 2700 and my heights 6ft .5 in. and weight around 192 lb and consume 210-220 g of protein. So i think my diet looks pretty good. My progress sometimes feels slow other times it feels ok. I’m not expecting much right now though since i’m only doing about 3 different exercises for each muscle except for quads and hams (only 2)…
ok heres what my split has looked like since i started in november
(Monday)
Chest. db inclines x3
bench press x3
machine press x2
Back. T-rows x3
Lat pulldows x3
Machine rear delt x4

(Wednesday)
Biceps. H.Curls x3
EZ bar-Curls x3
Preacher Curls (EZ bar) x2
Triceps.Skull Crushers x4
Close grip bench press x4
Tricep extensions x3

(Thursday)
Quads. Full squats x4
Machine leg press x4
Calves.Standing raises x3
Sitting raises x3
Donkey raises x3
Hams. Romanian Deadlifts x4
Reverse leg curls x5

(Friday)
Shoulders.Military press x4
Upright rows x4
Arnold press x3

…and thats the end of the cycle monday i start again. For triceps i used to do 3 sets before adding one extra set to each of the 3 different exercises like 2 months into my routine. Any comment guys???

pretty skinny for 192 at 6’5

id try some gvt if i were you

for these and only these three lifts

bench press
lat pulldown
squat

i have no doubt that it’ll do more than you did in the past couple months. your shit is more complex than a bodybuilders routine.

haha im not 6’5 im 6 foot and half and inch (.5 not 5) tall

how come you’re saying that my routine’s complex, i actually got it straight from an article for newbies from this site back in november w/ the help of some members and they said that it looked fine. Can’t remember their names though and whats a gvt?.

[quote]Damner wrote:
My calorie intake is 2700 and my heights 6ft .5 in. and weight around 192 lb and consume 210-220 g of protein. So i think my diet looks pretty good. My progress sometimes feels slow other times it feels ok. I’m not expecting much right now though since i’m only doing about 3 different exercises for each muscle except for quads and hams (only 2)…
ok heres what my split has looked like since i started in november
(Monday)
Chest. db inclines x3
bench press x3
machine press x2
Back. T-rows x3
Lat pulldows x3
Machine rear delt x4

(Wednesday)
Biceps. H.Curls x3
EZ bar-Curls x3
Preacher Curls (EZ bar) x2
Triceps.Skull Crushers x4
Close grip bench press x4
Tricep extensions x3

(Thursday)
Quads. Full squats x4
Machine leg press x4
Calves.Standing raises x3
Sitting raises x3
Donkey raises x3
Hams. Romanian Deadlifts x4
Reverse leg curls x5

(Friday)
Shoulders.Military press x4
Upright rows x4
Arnold press x3

…and thats the end of the cycle monday i start again. For triceps i used to do 3 sets before adding one extra set to each of the 3 different exercises like 2 months into my routine. Any comment guys???

[/quote]

not enough frequency i.e. hitting each muscle group once a week is useless for a beginner. . . your inter and intra muscular coordination is not developed enought to be able to push your muscles to the limit just yet therefore you cannot inflict enough damage/ initiate enough repair to warrant such a long time for recovery between sessions. . hit each muscle group twice a week. an ‘arms day’ is nonsense. its too easy i dont care what anyone says and an excuse to walk around the gym sleezing with a tank top on without a single bead of sweat on your head haha

try

monday
bench, dips and rows, Bi’s tri’s

tuesday
Squats and abs calves

thurs
overhead pressing, chins Bi’s Tri’s

Friday

Deadlift, hams, calves abs

That looks like its gonna take 3 hrs for at least 3 of those 4 days dude. It looks intense!! And theres something that i want to make clear, if this split is useless for newbies then why is it one of the program in “weight training for newbies” ?

3 hours? no way that will take 3 hours unless you rest 15 mins between sets…

I currently do rippetoes, and my longest workout is ~45 mins-1 hour. (Squats, Bench, Deadlift)

i dont understand monday and thursday though, i have to hit my triceps, chest, back, and biceps all on that same day. I know all those exercises hit multiple muscles but still …can you clarify on those 2 days.

i dont understand monday and thursday though, i have to hit my triceps, chest, back, and biceps all on that same day. I know all those exercises hit multiple muscles but still …can you clarify on those 2 days…

[quote]Damner wrote:
That looks like its gonna take 3 hrs for at least 3 of those 4 days dude. It looks intense!! And theres something that i want to make clear, if this split is useless for newbies then why is it one of the program in “weight training for newbies” ?[/quote]

how on earth is that gonna take 3 hours?! superset bench and rows and then do your legs. .

1 bicep exercise . . 1 tricep exercise . . different bicep exercise and tricep exercise the next day

1 hour max if your working hard

You should post some numbers for your starting and current lifts as well as your goals.

Superset…isn’t it to early for me to be superseting? I think if theres an article on here that will help me on this transaction ( hiting the muscles once a week to doing it twice) that im thinking about doing then i’d take the time to read it. In other words i’ll actually do a some research on how to move out of the begginer phace and into a new stage that’ll make my muscles say…WTF?!
As to what my goals are, i just want to get bigger.

nah its never too early to superset. . different muscle groups entirely you’l just save time and work harder get some favourable hormonal responses thats all. .

the programme u were on is nonsense (in my opinion) it is not a beginners programme (in my opinion) i dont care who wrote it. . i dont like it. . (in my opinion) :slight_smile:

how will you get bigger if you eat 2700 calories?

btw there is a reason that ALL good bodybuilders/powerlifters suggest eating more protein. you dont just want to get enough protein to repair the muscles you already have, you want to get MORE protein to build new muscles. and for other cells on your body…

also get a simple program like starting strength.

if i take any more protein that what im already taking its just going down the shitter buddy…that i know.

Not enough calories. Eat more good carbs, healthy fats and a bit more protein. I’m a 5’ 6" 125 lb woman and I eat 2100-2200 calories per day and 180 grams of protein per day. Eat more.