T Nation

Time-Release Capsules

is there any advantage to using these types of capsules when making orals? also, can someone explain to me the reason why oral administration of gear is less bioavailable than via injection?

regarding the lessened bioavailability of orals, is it a stomach acid issue or a liver issue, or what?

i am all for the release of time, as i could use a boat-load more of it. what are these “capsules” you speak of? sounds complicated … how do i get a handle on some?

thanks,
Bastard

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
is there any advantage to using these types of capsules when making orals? also, can someone explain to me the reason why oral administration of gear is less bioavailable than via injection?

regarding the lessened bioavailability of orals, is it a stomach acid issue or a liver issue, or what?
[/quote]

bio availability has to do with the mode of absorption.orals tend to be absorbed into the blood directly and lost on the first pass through the liver than intramuscular.in bsic terms orals are basicaly water soluable versus the slower absorbed oil based injectable.

When drugs are administered orally, absorption is much more complex than when administered intravenously. The drug has to bypass a number of barriers before it can get into the blood stream and do its thing. First, it must get past the acid in the stomach. Second, it must over come bacteria in the small intestines. Third, it must survive changes in the small intestines. Finally, it must survive the metabolism process in the liver known as the first pass effect.

During the first pass effect, blood travels to the liver as part of a filtering system where enzymes in the liver metabolize or change part of a drug before it enters the bloodstream. Enzymes are proteins that change drugs in the body and also help biochemical reactions occur as discussed above.

Drugs are absorbed faster when administered intravenously. They enter the blood stream immediately, and aren’t absorbed like when taken orally. They bypass being metabolized by the liver, skipping the first pass effect.
I had trouble finding this excerpt but a much better awnser than my first
also do a google for the specific compound you are refering to as many orals have different levels of toxicity

ok cool info.

now some follow-up questions:

is the chemical format of the oral steroid changed at all within the body before it is useable? i remember reading that 17-alylated gear is designed for oral use, this leads me to believe that oral gear is altered slightly when it is metabolized. what i mean is, the chemical format of the hormone is changed slightly from the format it is when it is in the cap/tab and the format is when it is being used by the body.

again, if oral gear is all protected by this 17-alkylization, why is the bioavailability reduced ?

and again, are time-release capsules of any benefit?

they sell them at www.capsuline.com… and probably other places, as well.

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
they sell them at www.capsuline.com… and probably other places, as well.[/quote]

i could be wrong, but it’s kind of compicated to time release a product. usually, a portion of the medication is regular, and another portion is bonded with something (Calcium, perhaps?), and they are encaspulated together.

ok first of all they are not administered intraveniously! it is intramuscluar injection. please do NOT do it any other way! and a 17 alk class is processed in the liver and loses alot of its potentecy. you are always better off using an INTERMUSCULAR injection then something that will raise your liver enzymes and cause some serious health risks. dbol, winstrol, halosten, anadrol, adriol are all very liver toxic. i’d consider something like anavar or primabolan if you want a safe oral with solid gains and very, very little side effects- of course they are on the upper end for prices but they are the best. and as far as time released, if there is a good time released product that is not liver toxic then by all means take it, but then again you still have a high and low point, it’s just not as severe as it would be with a non time released. depending on the product some can be taken once a day and soem need to be taken 3 times a day, dependsd on th eproduct. also, injection has the best results going. and most of them you only have to take once a week.
there is a dbol that can be taken intramusclarly or orally administered and it is an 17 alk class. it’s called reforvit and it rocks! but if you take it orally in the liquid form it taste like crap. danduchaine did na article on it back in muscle media 2000 a few years ago. it was really good. also, if you do a search for him you can get all the medical info on juice and the answers you need. he was the leader on steroid information, before we all even new what hlaf the things are now he had researched it first. he was big with the philips brothers when they were just starting their mag and EAS nutrition. hope this helps.

[quote]cat3slayer wrote:
ok first of all they are not administered intraveniously!

sorry cat didnt write it just pasted from a research article and did not proof read it first

[quote]carpenter480 wrote:
cat3slayer wrote:
ok first of all they are not administered intraveniously!

sorry cat didnt write it just pasted from a research article and did not proof read it first[/quote]

no, problem. i thought it was an honest mistake, but i just wanted to make sure that some ppl didn’t do it that way- it’s dangerous/ deadly.