T Nation

TIME: Person of the Year

I was JUST talking to some colleagues yesterday about this…and told them “Is there ANY doubt who it should be?”

I thought Trump was as much of a “sure thing” as there could possibly be.

Since TIME is part of Zeb’s International Liberal Conspiracy…I doubt that the whole article will be flattering…but I also know that the President Elect will rip them a new one on Twitter when it isn’t.

Congratulations to President-Elect Trump.

this a not an award right? Just an acknowledgement he has been the most influential person of 2016?

That is my understanding.

What is the point you are trying to make, raj?

Nothing just wanted clarification

I’m sure this will be posted

What Trump’s temperament will be as actual President is impossible for anyone to predict.

If anyone but Trump was picked it would have been purely a political move to discredit him in some way. Just based on the number of times his name has appeared on the front page of any news site this year should guarantee he got this. In fact on cnn.com his name was on at least 5 other headlines not counting this one and he has been pretty consistent the entire year. What other time person of the year in the past has literally been mentioned for about 365 days in a row on a given year on the front page of major news sites?

Also he was in the top 8 list last year, in retrospect it was even impressive he made that list compared to how much more recognition he got in 2016.

That is what it is.
Of course, CNN depicted previous winners as the Pope and Hitler. Failing to mention Obama just a few short years ago. Gee, I wonder what link they were making??

Just to add to what Pat said:

TIME has made it VERY clear that the operative word was INFLUENCE…good or bad…
(“The Computer” and Ayatollah Khomeini were VERY controversial…)

Glad you agree with me. They had to pick Trump or look like buffoons. But, as you can see by the picture used on the front cover they are not trying to flatter Trump. In fact he looks a bit sinister sitting there turned to the camera and only half his face showing. Very much like one might showcase a crime boss in a photo

Look…I hate to be the one to continuously point out the truth but as they say… it is what it is. If Hillary were on the cover they would have tried mightily to make her look like a senior beauty contest winner. And in fact I saw a glimpse of a few hundred that they had run off thinking she had it in the bag. It said “Madam President” and she had a million dollar smile on her face.

It’s a game Mufasa…just a game

[quote=“zeb1, post:11, topic:224200”]
"…As you can see by the picture used on the front cover they are not trying to flatter Trump. In fact he looks a bit sinister sitting there turned to the camera and only half his face showing. Very much like one might showcase a crime boss in a photo…[/quote]

You just don’t give up, do you, Zeb?

It must be tough knowing that your Village could be pillaged at any minute by marauding hoards of Barbarians and Liberals…

It had to be Trump, although I wouldn’t have been surprised if they named something like “The Heartland Voter” or similar as person of the year.

When does he get the Nobel peace prize?

Was really hoping for Farage, to be honest. That man’s guffawing face laughing on Time’s front cover would have been the pièce de résistance of this year.

Marauding liberals are no joke, I’ll have you know. The city of London has been under siege by them for years. Every day is a struggle as more and more shops become Pret a mangers, and drum circles appear everywhere.

Imagine it, thousands of people that look homeless, that complain about capitalism on their twitter feeds, and have degrees in entho-musicology.

I tell you now, Mufasa, the barbarians would be a blessing in comparison. At least then the suffering would end promptly.

LOL!

Good stuff, Legalsteel!