Time Frame for Bulk/Cut

I know it’s all based on results, but what would you guys say is the quickest time frame to do a bulk and cut, where I could get some nice gains and then cut the fat out. Essentially i’m someone who wants to get bigger but is scared of fat lass from the excess calories, even though I love to eat. Would 6 weeks be enough time to do a bulk, and then follow it with a 6 week cut? would any results come from this?

Longer the bulk the better imo. Stop thinking in terms of weeks and start thinking in years.

[quote]cfws1992 wrote:
Would 6 weeks be enough time to do a bulk, and then follow it with a 6 week cut? would any results come from this?[/quote]

No.

if you’re a beginner (which it sounds like you are based on the naive tone of your post) you should be “Bulking” for a year+ before cutting. 6 weeks bulk/6 weeks cut is going to get you absolutely no where.

bulking doest = getting fat. if so then you did it wrong.

Presently bulking since April to get my bench to 200 (way past done), squat to 300 (almost done), and deadlift to 400 (hit 335… ). The bulk will continue until the goals are reached.

[quote]gregron wrote:
6 weeks bulk/6 weeks cut is going to get you absolutely no where.
[/quote]
Agreed.

To modify the question, what is everyone’s opinion on the proper bulking to cutting ratio?

I would say 4:1. That is to say if you spend 4 months clean-bulking it should only take you about 1 month to lose the excess fat.

Multiplied out, if you spent 1 year bulking then it should only take you 3 month to lose the fat.

I think at some point this ratio will start to become invalid, for instance if you eat semi-clean and bust-ass in the gym for 3 years I don’t think it will take you 9 months to lose the fat which is why people that have the goal of being massive will cut far more rarely.

^depends on your goals i think like you kind of already stated.

But 6 weeks. Come on really.

Like I’ve been saying a lot, if one of your goals is to remain lean while adding mass then you must invariably bulk slowly and seek strength gains. Carb cycling is a good idea when trying to do this, also carb backloading.

The level of leanness you wish to maintain will inherently limit your growth potential, but there are many people for whom this is not the primary concern.