Time For Lifting

Hi, right now I’m having trouble finding time to lift. I’m a 14 year old high school student and currently on the school basketball team. I want to lift, but I just can’t find any time.

Start of the year, football got in the way, now basketball, and soon soccer will become a problem. But sometimes with basketball the practices range in time. Sometimes there right after school, then the senior team practices, which would make the janitors leave the school gym open for another hour, and sometimes it’s a late practice, which would give me and hour to lift before practice.

But the thing that I’m having trouble with is, would it all be worth it? Practicing basketball for an hour, then trying to go lift weights, would I actually end up seeing gains?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you guys want to give.

do it in the morning, night something your a highschool kid yhea schedule seems packed but Im sure you have wasted time.

Get up in the morning, nail a few sets of pushups, pull ups, sit ups, BW sqauts go one legged if need be. pick up SOMTHING around the house thats heavy. Hell OH press one end of your bed.

do domething breif and hard and spend most of your energy on your chosen sport.

Phill

I’m in the same situation. 14 years old, (albeit I’m in 8th grade.) I bulked over summer to get to around 160lbs, then am maintaining around 150-155 through basketball/football seasons.

Usually I could lift everyday, but now with basketball right after school, I have less time.

So I decided to take up Westside for Skinny Bastards created by Joe Defranco. It seems like it is giving me good gains, while only training 3-4 days a week, and leaving energy for basketball practices.

Check out the program.

[quote]ExpertMode wrote:
But the thing that I’m having trouble with is, would it all be worth it? Practicing basketball for an hour, then trying to go lift weights, would I actually end up seeing gains?
[/quote]

Would it be ideal? No. Would it be worth it? It’s certainly better than not lifting at all. Just make sure you are taking in enough calories, and make it a short but intense workout.

If you are ‘In-Season’ all year round, you are going to have to find some time to workout. Ideally you would make all of your gains in the off season, and then just maintain during the season. But as a three season athlete, this doesn’t work so well.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll be sure to check out West Side Barbell.