Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

LOL I know what you was asking I was being coy about it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Decided im going to through some walking in on my off days …shouldn’t have any negative impact on the training as long as I dont go overboard,

Heres my reason…

1. recovery …get a little blood circulating especially in the lower back and legs
  2. Fluffy control…Ok I said I wasn’t going to worry about what weight class. BUT “IF” I drop a little fluffy I recently put back on Bonus. Besides like I told Dave the other day my body weight is starting to climb fast now that im starting to lift Heavier again regaining some lean mass I lost during my conditioning kick.
  3. Im getting kinda getting excited for this meet so walking on the off days makes me feel like im doing something towards getting me better for the Meet.( even if its only in my head)

ARRRGGGHHHHH…its driving me NUTS!!! My gut is screaming at me that im low balling myself on my planned last attempt in the upcoming meet. I Have zero idea going in what my upper limit is on it at this point! Already know that I’ve programmed to low on the current phase of squats!!

When is the meet? Stop worrying about your upper limit til the date gets closer. Been many years since I’ve been in a powerlifting meet, ? do you have to give them all 3 attempts in the 3 lifts at the beginning of the meet or can you change during the meet?

August 20 is the Meet… My main concern is with the peaking cycle that ive set it too low.

Hmmm…can’t imagine why Dakota was upset the other day. Sorry, you left yourself wide open for that one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Upperback assistance shit

Bent rows: (Swiss Bar) 5 x 6-8 @SW … Tweaked my back angle slightly along with taking a page from Dave Tate…

Got to say It worked the Hell out of my upper back!!!

Pulldown: 3 x 8-10 @SW
Shrugs: 3 x 10 @SW
Alternate Db curls: 3 x 10-15@SW

LOL…your talking about Dakota being annoyed with where I set his projected attempt amounts arent you?:no_mouth:

1 Like

Why yes, yes I am. The arrrrrrrrrr… kinda brought to mind.

One of my top 10 favorite songs…

1 Like

Whoops somehow during my lifting I dislocated a rip last night…went to my family Doctor that also does Chiro and had him pop it back in place.

Another one for my top 10 list…

Right, right…Whoops!
Good grief :slight_smile:

What can I say shit happens

Squat: worked up to 2 x 8 @ 330
Front squat: 2x8 @ SW
GHR: 4X10
Belgium squats: 2 x 10 @ SW
Heavy Band crunches: 4 x 10
Not Bad sessions considering I just had a dislocated rib popped in place Friday.

Taking advice from a certain acquaintance of mine whom happens to be a former IPF gold medalist and a damn good strength coach. He has probably the strongest squad of High School female lifters in the state whom medal high in the USAPL H.S.Nationals.Honestly , i had doubts about the programming I was using in a big way leading up towards the last minute Meet coming up. He pretty much told me one be flexible to a point in my training basically I need to auto regulate more . Which is hard for me to do anymore since I have gotten lazy and stopped thinking for myself relying on “canned” programming. Which is all well and good for a beginner …But lets be honest its shameful for someone of my experience level!! Excluding age its probably why I’ve stagnated and have lost some of the enjoyment of lifting. I was also told stop overthinking stuff…Like my acquaintance told me some of the best lifters he knows are dumber than crap and just put in the work and dont overthink the programming.

So taking his advice… I decided to dump what I was doing. Simplified things and use what I know about what I need to do and running with it. Actually had one of the more enjoyable sessions Ive had in a veryyyy Long time.

2 Likes

I default to canned programs too. I don’t really have a lot of time for independent thought.

In my case I tend to use programs that match up to my own training philosophy … But doing so ive lost the ability to self regulate and at times think outside the box.

Bench: Bunch of warm up sets
2 X 5 @ 325
Close Grip Bench: 2 x 5 @ 265 ( all reps Paused)
Incline Bench : 2 x 5 @ 215 ( all reps Paused)
Swiss Bar lying Tri extensions: 2 x 6-8 @ SW
Band pull aparts: 5 x 20

My stabilizer muscle have become weak …

BIG THANKS TO @DBasler would you know it!!! Out of the blue the Piriformis muscle in the my ass on the right is knotting up since last Thursday. Been having to stretch it out and use a Lacrosse ball on it. Sound familiar Dave… I blame you. You send Bad KARMA MY WAY!!! :weary:

Best Cover song ever…

1 Like

Sorry my friend! If it makes you feel any better mine is starting to mend nicely so maybe yours will be short lived as well.

I love that cover as well. I told a friend a couple of months ago I was going to listen to it every session before benching but didn’t stick to that plan. Benching everyday or listening!

1 Like

That song makes me want to weep.

1 Like