Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Yes! Happy Father’s Day!

Happy Father’s Day, Bulldog!

Well thank you!! Not sure if saying the Proudest is a compliment or not…LOL. Always tried avoiding one of those dads whom lives vicariously through their kids.

Thank you KP!! appreciate the well wishes.

Same back to u Big man hope you had a good one yourself!

1 Like

Squats and pulls…

Bunch of mobility work!

Squat: worked up to easy 310 x 1
5 x 5 x 275 worked form a worked on these as explosively as I could in around 15 minutes

Deads: 5 x 3 x 365
Stiff leg Deads: 2 x 20 @ SW
Heavy standing Band crunches: 4 x 10

Used My new Adidas Lifting shoes…oh sweat Jesus what a difference!! They match perfectly to my hybrid style I use!!! Got a feeling I will smash the conservative number i have set up for squats in August for my " back in the game " Meet.

Runners get me excited too. There was a period there where I had more shoes than my wife. Now my sons have the same size feet so they keep getting… borrowed.

Runners? for clarification …you understand Im talking about Olympic lifting shoes my friend. Im actually not a shoe person myself , If I was both of my boys shoe size that is bigger than mine.

For this Meet coming up I am give Two FUCKs LESS what I come in at !! Matter of fact Im not even going to bother weighing myself until the day of. Diet wise im just going to eat clean as possible and just eating enough to aid in recovery…

1 Like

What are the weight classes choices?

As jacked as you looked Saturday I wouldn’t worry about what weight class I was in either!

your stander weight classes…198…220…242…275 and so on.

The clothing I was wearing was deceptive… since I got away from the conditioning phase I was doing im getting “fluffy” in the middle again.

Base Building Bench

Bench: worked up to a comfortable 330 X 1
3 x 5 @ 310
3 x 5 @ 275
225 x 12… Tired at this point

Standing OHP ( Swiss bar) 2 x 10-12 @ SW
Swiss Bar Lying Tricep Extensions 2 X 8 - 10 @ SW
Band Pull aparts: 5 x 20

More of you to love, Donny…

I’ve been lurking in everyone’s logs for too long, so I’m just here to make my presence known and congratulate you on the fine work you are doing in the gym and with raising the next generation of Hoosiers. Fine, fine work.

I’ll be keeping an eye on your upcoming meet performance. I may even do a meet later this year. If I do that I can say I’m a “powerlifter” instead of just being a guy who lifts weights all of the time, right?

Duh. I know what the standard weight classes are (excepting USAPL, which has its own). I was wondering where you fall.

I cant not stand DONNY… my rule of thumb is you have to be family to call me that or plan on sleeping with me.

1 Like

Thanks for the Huge compliant…

Yeah you should do a Meet your Deadlft is coming along great I can see a 6 pull for you no problem .