Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

Oneway to get Dakota stronger…LOL

2 Likes

Wanted to see where Dakota was on his pulls at this point…hasn’t done deads in almost a year.

Wow. 455 with something left!

1 Like

“Oneway to get Dakota stronger” is a really great photo. The look on his face. I’m still laughing.

1 Like

Legs (light)
:

High Bar Olympic squat to below parallel box: Worked up to comfortable top set of 3 with only 365

Natural leg extensions; Dont have excess to a leg extension machine 4 x 20

Band abductions: 4 x 20

Lunges: 1 x 20 … was to do 4 sets but was rushed for time

Wow! I could see me seriously hurting myself if I tried that…lol

Nawwh…I sure you could do them. To be honest ,yesterday was the first time I had ever seriously tried them and I will say that they are effective.

Sat down last night with a calendar to get a rough idea of a training timeline. In little over a week I will start Dakota on his peaking cycle ,while with the short cycle I have about 4 weeks.

Best to both you and your son!

1 Like

I hate those damned things.

Natural leg extensions?

Honors day at the High School for the Seniors …I guess Bullpup took first place? ?:joy:

2 Likes

Bet he keeps that trophy near and dear over everything else he’s earned in high school.

1 Like

Congratulations. Job well done!

1 Like

Your son’s strong, athletic and smart. Good deal, good parenting.

Yeah, my wife has done a good job!

OK, this will be nothing but RANT!! ( Might want too stop reading because im venting) I Admit I can be over competitive along with being very neurotic.!
Long story short I have always been the type who couldn’t stand in High school sports when someone says that " they didn’t get a spot or position because of someones family name or family" Basically, High school athletic politics… Ive always been the one that said talent will always trump that. WELLLLL…maybe I was wrong.

Long story short yesterday at Dakotas Senior Honor Day they gave out athletic awards. Two big ones in my eyes was
1. Top Senior female and male athlete.
2. Top Senior female and male scholastic/athlete

Number one was for the top athlete in the senior class based solely on athletic achievement… OK fine . Openly admit Dakota isnt the best athlete in the school, hes a bit player on the Football team and one of the top wrestlers in the school which no one gives two shits about.

Number two was for the top athlete based off of athletic achievement and academic excellence…

Dakota didn’t get number two either…NOW I HAVE A BIG ISSUE WITH THIS!!! How does a All conference Football player two time semi state wrestling qualifier along with a 2X all State Wrestling academic team member and a All star All state Academic in Football one of only 25 selected not to mention being VALEDICTORIAN not get this award???

Basically , it was picked on by coaches…They had to make sure the number 1 & number two male athlete got a award… Dont get me wrong I have nothing against the second kid…Great kid good athlete good student way more popular then Dakota. If I had a daughter I would not mind her dating the kid.But yet the kid has never received any athletic academic achievement awards .

But it hard for me not to think politics didn’t play a roll when his father( whom , I actually like) owns a local printing business and does all the shirt printing for the athletic department and High School. Like I said before… Im the last person whom would say something like that regarding school politics.

So in retrospect the award came down to a popularity contest for the coaches …Ironically , my wife received several text massages whom were their asking WTF??

FYI.,Yes I know it means Jack and Shit in the real world …Just find it funny that the his own High school athletic department over looked him BUT yet hes been awarded at the State level. Well at least Saturday at the graduation ceremony… I can smile and enjoy hearing him give his commencement speech.

Glad you got all that out so you can enjoy his graduation.

1 Like

My wife warned me if I brought it up to her again or mention it to anyone else around here and tarnish things because of my attitude over it that…SHE WOULD RIP MY BALLS OFF!!!

(IM safe here because I know no one local even is aware of this place) Not like im going to post this rant on Face Book and stir shit. Besides Ive got one more kid in school there.

1 Like

I live in smalltown USA, and I can GUARANTEE politics are involved in every decision. Always have been, always will be. If you aren’t up there licking somebody’s ass you kid gets squat, no matter how smart, athletic, kind, or anything else. Them’s the rules. It is NO reflection on Dakota or you and Mrs. Bulldog. It is just plain bullshit, but it happens daily.

Looks to me like y’all raised an incredible person. Just don’t your anger infect him.