Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Well, truth be known, Dick Heads usually dole out pretty good advice :slight_smile:

Being a little ornery is good. Nice to see you dealing with the hip and moving on, hope it keeps feeling better.

Wow. Both boys are all grown up Bulldog.

I went to Ohio State and several of the general elective classes were help in two tiered auditoriums they had about a 50 foot screen on stage that they used so people could see and a full blown speaker system.

Talking to the professor was not an option they had around 15 teaching assistants you could contact with questions. The classes got much smaller the more advanced they were but it was definitely a herd mentality in those early classes.

Im going to be upfront, Im not going to feed you line of B.S. and im brutally honest. If you want some advice then ask away…

Well the hip is now the only limitation going on and that one is on me and should be cleared up in a few weeks…
other then that im just in one of those low tolerance for BS moods with everything just getting under my skin.

Some do… I have always had a bur up my ass regarding how some people online believe themselves experts . Even when they have never competed or trained anyone with their accomplishments being mediocre at best. BUT DAMN IT they know everything and everyone should take their advice without question :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Im treading the fine line between ornery and horses ass at the moment.

Thats why Dakota decided on a small private school to avoid those type of insane class sizes.

Give me straight up advice sir

Ok…you can stop calling me Sir now LOL. I will write up my advice for you this weekend.

Bench: 135 x 5
165x4
200x3
245 x 2
280 x 1
255 x 13…one better from last week
255 x 6…one less then on this set last week felt a twinge in the right shoulder and stopped. Ugh ended up doing the same combine number of reps on these sets from last week

Pulldowns: 5 x 10
Standing OHP: (used swiss bar)did 3 working sets of 10 with 105lbs … tried a set with 135
Curls…whatever

Here is my first word of advice at your age and training experience embrace the K.I.S.S principle in regards to weight training.One which I fully embrace…

which stands for Keep.It .Simple.Stupid
There is no reason you need any type of program that is so complex that it takes a PhD to grasp it nor should it be so complex that it takes a over stuffed manual to explain it. Anyone say other wise they are full of shit or just trying to sell you theirs IMO. A simple well structured program along with basic hard work and consistency goes a long way.

so what program should i do then?

Good question let me think on that …understand its just my opinion in the end your the one who has to do it.

Ok got a wild hair yesterday…Dakota has NOT lifted in the garage probably since the beginning of summer and has been lifting at school through sports and PE. So i wanted to test his squatting ability . Video the session needless to say the strength is ok but his form has gone too SHIT…which I expected heres the Video

Trap bar deads: 3 x 5 x 405… well I guess this might be a alternative for squats for awhile until the left hip is 100%… Was able to get some decent leg work out of them.

Stiff legs: 275 x 12
Lunges 3 x 10 per leg
Band abduction : 3 x 20

Looks like bullpup’s becoming monster #3 at your house, what with a good teacher/good father influence. Might want to consider that if a “funky mood” resurfaces. My best workout buddy was just like that. (funky moods)

yeah but my funky moods are tied in allot on how this old carcass is feeling at times.

Old carcass? Bull. Relatively speaking, you’re a spring chicken with a ton of life left. So it ebbs and flows, no big deal.

I was talking to a 30 something at gym today who tore parts in both his shoulders within 2 months doing cable work. He looks like he could play in NFL, and he keeps on working out, albeit differently. Jeez, tearing a shoulder part doing cable work.

No way your supposed to admit to how you got that injury. At the very least you should embellish and make it a telephone cable.

1 Like