Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Semi state bound next weekend

Iā€™ve concluded Im diffidently am a Blast or Dust type of guy as catagorised by Dave Tate in his own writing over at Elitefts. Have not been lifting anything even remotely heavy % wise for months. Matter of fact havenā€™t really been doing anything training wise for weeks now. Been sorta been in a ā€œdustā€ period as it was partially due too how my right shoulder has been all pissy at meā€¦
So needless to say I was surprised when Friday when visiting a friend whom is a strength and conditioning coach ,I dicked around on a whim and played around on bench.

Did 315x5 with a few still in the tank.

How did the end of Wrestling season go?

Ehhhā€¦not as good as we wished made it to Semi State again. Didnt make it through unto State lost his last match on points.

Heres a Highlight video from this yearā€¦

The skills really improved this year! Last year, the power was there, but everything looked really slick this year.

Itā€™s awesome that you got the ā€œMeathookā€ (that hammer-lock/arm bar pinning combination) and that ā€œ3/4 Nelsonā€ on video. Those are like dream moves. Also, the lifts and cradles looked pretty mean!

1 Like

Had more footage but had a issue and it would not transfer to the PC :rage:

Very cool wrestling season highlights video. That is a crazy sport. And heā€™s not continuing with it in college, right?

Good to see you back, Bulldog. Youā€™d be strong even if you took five years off.

Figured you still had shoulder trouble, but benching 315 x 5 with more in the tank. Jeez.

Good video. I assume that was your older son. His athletic prowess should help him in college classroom competition.

Yeah hes done with sports connected with any type of school :cry:

your probably right regarding the 5 year thingā€¦ i probably got enough time under the bar that I would maintain a level of strength above a non trained person at my age.

I cant figure out what the issue has been with P.O.S shoulder. Something must have corrected itself since at the moment even after being stupid on the bench Friday, I am not suffering any ill effects.

Trust me the oldest is pretty damn competitive on the whole academic thingā€¦hes pretty darn pissed that there is a tie in his school for Valedictorian and hes going to end up sharing that honor.

Head of the class was the real goal all along?

The sports were just a bonus?

Will second son have big shoes to fill, or will he be just be treated like the Prince of the school because of what older bro did?

Nothing wrong with a tie like that.

Ttry to wait 4 years until you turn his bedroom into a den.

Valedictorian is a great honor, wow! Looks like youā€™re still strong like bull playing around with 315 on the bench.

1 Like

Yepā€¦thats been his number one goal through High School.

Pretty much sports have just been a bonus for himā€¦he has no interest in doing anything at the college level.

The youngest ive already told he doesnā€™t have to be like his brotherā€¦Hes got major Big brother syndrome going on.

Got a feeling he will be having to live with us after to pay off all the schooling.

I wouldnt call it playing aroundā€¦it felt heavy

Lost my freaking mind tonightā€¦ wanted to test the waters.

Worked up to a single with 500 on squats
405 on stiff legs might have tried more but my right glute cramped the hell up.
Going to be walking real funny for the next few daysā€¦:confounded:

Love the highlight video- loved even more his academic goals and accomplishments.

Good work on those sons Bulldog

My wife earns all the credit,. I am just the enforcerā€¦

:weary: paying for yesterday