Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

[quote]biker wrote:
And he’s got excellent grades too. You’ve raised a fine son. Congrats to him, and to you and your wife.

Maybe buy him some collar extenders for Christmas. [/quote]
Thank you biker appreciate it

LOL yeah his neck is a family trait

Got my head out of my ass and lifted

Squats
Stiff legged deads
Bulgaria split squats
Band hip abductions

Guess who will have DOMS for the next few days?

slightly sore…

[quote]bagofbro wrote:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
slightly sore…[/quote]

got to be understatement of the week

congratulations to you and your family for your sons achievements.
He does not fall far from the tree.

ok.
really- stays home from wrestling practice wth cauliflower ear-
cant he just sleep with a clothespin on it?[/quote]
Thanks…actually he has wayyyyy surpassed anything I did at his age.
Oh hes not staying home from wrestling practice…Hes going and the coaches are working his ass off because he cant lock up with the other guys. He just cant take the Matt at the moment so far his ear has been drained once Saturday and again Monday… He will miss a match tomorrow but hes really want to push it and compete in the multi dual meet this Saturday. FYI his little brother was able to get a varsity spot at 138lbs.

Went ahead and tried some Benching

Bench: worked up to only 275 x 5 with a straight bar. Could have done more but not going to push it at the moment since the shoulder didnt get pissed off. I had no plans of pushing it to where it did

TRI set with lateral: Front , side and bent

Superset : Arm curls and band push downs.

That was it

Glad you are back at it. You clearly like to punish yourself doing stiff leg deads and Bulgarian split squats in your first session back.

So glad to see so much good news here!

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Glad you are back at it. You clearly like to punish yourself doing stiff leg deads and Bulgarian split squats in your first session back. [/quote]
Wasnt that bad…wasnt like I went balls to the wall either.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
So glad to see so much good news here![/quote]
Things are looking up… Dakota is getting much earn reward for the work hes put in. Plus im starting to getting my grove back.

Sunday
Tbar rows
pulldowns
lying DB Bench rows
shrugs

(mini rant)So lets get this straight… Dakota made The Indianapolis Colts all academic team he is one of only 24 Football players in the state to get this award. This award from what I understand is based slightly on field performance but more importantly performance in the class room. So Sunday he and the other will attend a breakfast and award ceremony tour the stadium and locker rooms and then be introduced before kick off this Sunday. Now this is the part that gets really annoying…my wife is working her butt off to get all the patches and so forth in a big hurry for his Letterman Jacket since Dakota hasn’t bothered to get them. For what ever reason he hasn’t even bothered to wear it since he got it .My wife was at the school getting them when the Athletic director asked her what the hurry was…HE WAS CLUELESS that Dakota had even gotten the award. REALLY with only a few days to go !! One of your student athletes gets a pretty impressive award at the state level and you dont know! Lets see Dakota FB coach knows and so does several of his teachers, BUT this AD didn’t? Great work on your job there buddy knowing whats going on in your program. So my son has worked his ass off on the field and the class room and will be more or less representing the school in front of 60000 people. At some point out side of his football coach I hope someone at the school at least gives him a pat on the back for a job well done… If not FUCKEM

I hope i didn’t come across wrong on my rant. As a father I just want to see my sons hard work and his striving for excellent to be acknowledged. Which is considered very non PC in this age of participation Trophy mind set.

My motto for my two…

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
slightly sore…[/quote]

got to be understatement of the week

congratulations to you and your family for your sons achievements.
He does not fall far from the tree.

ok.
really- stays home from wrestling practice wth cauliflower ear-
cant he just sleep with a clothespin on it?

Your son’s being honored by a far larger organization than a high school. Jeez. Maybe ignore the clueless AD experience and get him to decide between the “classic marine stare” and just smiling for the ceremony photos the school and newspaper will surely want?

Trophy mindset at work.

[quote]biker wrote:
Your son’s being honored by a far larger organization than a high school. Jeez. Maybe ignore the clueless AD experience and get him to decide between the “classic marine stare” and just smiling for the ceremony photos the school and newspaper will surely want?

Trophy mindset at work.

[/quote]
Verrrry good point…luckily im over it anyway.

One pic from the past weekend

Very nice! You’re entitled to be proud!

Excellent work by your son!

And you’ve certainly been a big factor in his strength training; my recollection of the videos you posted was that your son had great form and was getting strong as heck. At this early stage, I truly think that hard work + good coaching is even more important than “genetics” or “talent”. (which I’m sure he has as well) So pat yourself on the back a few times…

If that photo accompanies his college applications, big 10 schools should surely respond favorably. Congrats again.